FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 95>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2016 at 11:51am
george: you put a 6db hi shelf boost above 115 on the double 15s and you had them low passed at 175? i'm only beginning experimenting with using the 215s with the floods, and it's because i'm not happy with the 718s up to 180. i don't think they do it nicely at all. i feel like the opposite setup to you is necessary, solid up to 120 but then a roll off down towards 180 to meet the 12s seems to aggravate less weird noises.

peter: i have mc2 e25 on 12s, and e475 on upper mid and high. i think i generally land on about -6 on 12s, -12 or 10.5 or so on 6.5s, and 0 on 1s. i dunno if my 1" are really worn but i find they need more juice to keep up with the 6.5 which i wouldn't have expected. i might try swapping them for some others some time to see if it brightens things up.

cheers for your thoughts. as i said it was a weird gig. i'll keep playing with it. cos that's what i do.
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2016 at 9:44am
It's always good to experiment a Little.

I have always thought that the Floods needs hornloaded subs with good upper response to sound right. TSW-718 does the job but lacks the lowest octaves when used in singles. 2x=ok 3x=Very good.

What gains are you using on your Floods on the DSP outputs?  
King George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2016 at 2:28am
Thats quite brave knowing how much content, event vocal comes out of the subs. Maybe double 15's either side and a centre cluster of X1s would be better?

I used to run a similar setup. From memory, I used to do a ~-6dB hi-shelf on the 15's @110ish, and lower the x-over to 175. 

Cool though! Bet you can achieve a lot with that system!

Edited by King George - 21 December 2016 at 2:29am
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 3:29pm
have used an X1 and a double 15 turbo per side a lot over the years.. thought i'd have a go at arranging the bass asymmetrically to see how it went. so 3 X1s on one side, the 2 double turbos on the other. floods on top. sub was pretty good and consistent. music was all over the place though. old dirty records (good tunes but scruffy vinyl), and space cadet djs just doing the weirdest random things with mixer levels and eqs.. very messy session hehe. small hall / big room. the sound changed hugely as it filled up with people.. had a good go at eq'ing it on the fly but the program material was so all over the place and my energy was better spent on trying to keep the dj standing and hydrated so yeah.. bit mad.

but i'll definitely go with this type of setup again. there's only 15cm difference in stack heights. still not really happy with the upper bass.

empiresoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empiresoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 3:29pm
Side project rig done.
3x 115's currently loaded with Fane Sov Pro LF, but seriously considering PD1550's. On top is a HMAPS12 reflex midtop, B&C PE32 12''/2'' comp in horn, 1'' comp. 

All running at 8r on a TSA 4/700. Going to be going into an install in new year in a club, on room two duty - with regards to the finish I have used blackboard paint as opposed to tuffcab, which appears to be very durable and as close to the original finish as possible.

Not sure whether or not to copy this stack and go for six 115's in total, as I also have another HMAPS12 too.

Next major project is OTHorns loaded with B&C 21sw152 and a dual horn loaded midtop element with a RCF 90 degree H dispersion; after nearly dithering on it for over six months, much to the frustration of my cab builder LOLLOLLOL Hopefully the OT's will be out to play in a dance tent at a festival I'm doing in summer.

Failed DJ and fumbling through the world of pro audio. Give me a thumb and make me feel better:
www.facebook.com/empireAVWorks
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 1:16pm
The install in the trinity sounds the nuts!

www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
tomelmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomelmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 12:11pm
Thanks. We've put bms 4590 coaxial compression drivers in. The gap is there as we plan to place our logo on the front. When we save some more money we will build another two 121s for wider horizontal coverage.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 10:33am
very nice. what highs have you put in the 121s? any reason for the gap between the high horn and the 12?
tomelmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomelmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 9:09am
We finally finished our new tops and 4th es18. The whole system sounded really clean on Saturday night.

discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2016 at 8:07pm
tidy! how do the cubo kicks sound? 
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2016 at 4:37pm

Edited by rosssss224 - 02 December 2016 at 4:40pm
TMaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 7:32pm
Hi guys,

well my sistem is not that enormous like you guys are posting (they are epic and people must be really enjoying at events!!), but is more humble so check it out!!Smile ----->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gby6F9yBds&t=5s
(I don't know how to put link in post, I tried with insert hyperlink but nothingErmm)

Good day, Tilen

Edited by TMaudio - 01 December 2016 at 8:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 95>