Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 95>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 5:44pm
Good luck with it and may make you lot of money :-)

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

The RCF will scale usefully past 3 boxes, whereas the KLA, VRX9xx and Vantec20A are a bit pointless at more than 2 boxes, as you can't change the interbox angles.
Ouch
This is a total breaker.

How many modules need to be active and passive. And how with the competitive brands prices (active/passive modules).

Any sims are always welcomed :)
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 6:16pm
All the RCF HDL6-A and Sub 8004-SA are active.

It is a line array box, and you are free to +10/-7 deg, in 1 deg steps, inter box, just with tiny drivers. The HF is crossed to at 900Hz, so is doing a fair bit. Biamped and DSPed to make it all work.

All the other things at the price-point are fixed inter box angle, so 2, maybe three in a hang at best. But then you can't scale it much beyond what a K12/Ksub could do. K12/Ksub or mk2 equivalent are perfectly competent, as are DXR/DXS yammie, just will not scale bigger.

Proel Axiom did some similar stuff to the RCF, with an active, able to drive a second passive box, and had some interest in it, but hardware was not as flexible, only two could be pole mounted, and all other options were fly only. Most of my gigs will not have budget for flying.

Nexo did some interesting stuff, but money got a bit carried away. Martin mini MLA, same issue; great but money. I didn't bother looking at anything else with similar premium price tags!

EASE3 RCF data is freely available for messing around!
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 8:01pm
Did you have a listen to Martin WPM Matt?

Can’t argue with RCF’s accessory pricing! Thumbs Up
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2018 at 1:13pm
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

Did you have a listen to Martin WPM Matt?

Can’t argue with RCF’s accessory pricing! Thumbs Up

How do you ground stack it? Most of my gigs don't run to fly points, or even to a couple of winch stands and a bit of truss hung between them.

Crap I know, but ground stack is my most common deployment.

And besides, the RCF gives "1 box resolution" as standard!
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
IvCu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvCu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2018 at 5:14pm
Kantarion sound powering ArtScience Christmas benefit festival Beer

RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 2:43am
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 11:39am
Marjans line array on a stack of powersoft? I had a dream like that once. Very nice

Looks very wide and short,  hard to cover well? And do the acoustic pads help much? Looks like trying to do a gig in a tin barn!
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 11:43am
And not a scoop in sight---
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 12:35pm
yeah looks like a lot of work went into treating the venue alright. good stuff.
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 1:22pm
Shed is 100 ft x 110 ft. Acoustic panels made it from awful to just bad. Still adding more. Having the area full of people definitely helped....
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 95>