Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 95>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 12:24pm

Couple from the weekend here. Finally got our hands on a K20 to play with...brilliant peice of kit

(limiter was being bypassed!)

Edited by rosssss224 - 22 October 2019 at 2:58pm
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2019 at 4:07am
Which subs are those? And which Cubo Kick, 12" or 15"? Thanks
BASS, how low can you go!
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2019 at 11:00am
Super bass horns loaded with PD1850 and cubo kicks with kappa 15 LF
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2019 at 6:30pm
Managed to get a couple of days without rain a couple of weeks back, so built the MTH30s that Ive had the drivers sitting on the shelf for....well ages! 12SB30s on some very conservative settings and topped with Void Mycro 8s sounded better than I thought they would Big smile Ive even purchased some K&M adjustable mounts so I can get the Mycros up high, then direct them onto the dancefloor.
This is the 'disco dave' rig and then I have the Cubo/MT102 combo for larger work

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 12:42pm
How are those 'budget' CPC amps holding up Iain?
Be seeing you.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 1:43pm
giving the big sound a rest for a bit running this little beauty at the moment , bass loaded with turbomax 1000s and fane 1000s ( not xb ) in some wembley b line boxes , lovely loooow bass and surprise a lot of people with them( 33 to 80 ) , have heard some very good and very bad reports about these cabs but with these drivers i like them very much tho they are beefy drivers with good xmax too so may help ,then hd 15s and some 12" rcf loaded flares , norm run 5 way with the comps too but was just testing subs so left them off 

Edited by paulus - 04 November 2019 at 2:31pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

I sold one of mine to a guy who runs an attraction/stall at the fiestas here (known as "feriantes").

I´m not sure exactly what he has - or sells, but they can get competitive with noise levels increasing as the night goes on. I know that he blew some old JBL´s, then 4 x DAS Factor 8 cabs and finally some Monacor 12" & 1" I hired to him. These guys never have enough money to either buy anything decent - or enough cabs. He just blamed his daughter, who takes the night sessions and evidently is deaf!   LOL

The amp, however, is fine & survived all the stress!  Big smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Mine are all still going strong, though the MTH30 / Mycro combo is run off a JAM 4 channel (have that and the crossover in a 3 way flight case) and saves me dragging 50kg of amps around LOL
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 6:51pm

I had my newly built mini scoops out for the first time on Saturday for a halloween bash, they're Void V-18 1000 loaded and all I can say is wow, they ain't half low and loud!  

There was another stack not that you can really see it thanks to my poor picture taking skills.......

The other cabs are Turbo TSE-118 copies with unknown drivers, 12" mid flares loaded with Fane Studio 12L's and BMS 4550 1" comps.

Oh, and as the cheap Pulse amps have been mentioned, the 2100 I had now resides in the above venue powering four 18" reflex cabs, it's normally running just below clip for hours on end two or three nights a week and (so far) hasn't miss a beat. Smile
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 8:56am
After some delays in getting one of the amps repaired (dodgy firmware update), the amp rack is back together, and I popped the new mixer on top:

Which powers this lot:

Apologies for the lense distortion. The mains aren't actually splayed out there, but it looks like they are.

The mains are biamped:
18Sound ND1460 on RCF HF94 horns
2x Faital Pro 10FH520

Subs: Faital Pro 15HP1060 in compact reflex boxes tuned nice and low. They don't get particularly loud individually, but they do drop low. I just add more of them when I want it louder.

Chris

Edited by Chris Grimshaw - 05 November 2019 at 8:58am
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
Joew559 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joew559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 7:37pm

Edited by Joew559 - 29 November 2019 at 7:39pm
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2019 at 8:06am
Very nice Chris, and wise words, if I want it louder I add more cabs Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 95>