Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 95>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2020 at 11:27pm
Woodwork, grills and cables all done, system is up and running and sounding good. Just needs final sand and paint/stain (I know the crossbracing is not perfectly lined up, it is not glued in yet as waiting until the inside of the horn is painted/stained)

And the cable management system

Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2020 at 11:53pm
Tidy!
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 1:54pm
Wow that cable managment tickles me in the right place :)
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 2:42pm
'Toto, I don't think we're in the ghetto anymore'

A nice no-compromise approach to the cabinet connector set up. I think there are 22 redundant connectors on the stack, which will have been a decent amount of extra work and expense compared to fitting the absolute minimum required, but it will be worth it for the ease and speed of set up, you'll never have to re-stack the rig because it only works in one configuration. Clap
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 3:40pm
 Top work! I also run an 8 way speakon to a sub cabinet and link out to the kicks, mids and tops, however, I've only fitted the extra connectors to one pair of subs so have to make sure there is one in each stack when setting up. 

What colour is the rig going?
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 7:13pm
I dont get the idea of all those conmectors. Why not just use 8way speakon all the way? Two in each enclosure. Job done. 
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 7:59pm
Looks like a nice job.

It allows a choice of how many boxes are paralleled on amp channels, more flexibility if you need to turn down, or separately drive, elements of the stack (infills perhaps) and generally makes things very flexible. A bit like how we used to run Martin F2 stacks.

You might consider rounding off the edges of those connector recesses, otherwise you will be forever cursing as you graze your fingers on the woodwork...

Edited by madboffin - 13 November 2020 at 7:59pm
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by madboffin madboffin wrote:

Looks like a nice job.

It allows a choice of how many boxes are paralleled on amp channels, more flexibility if you need to turn down, or separately drive, elements of the stack (infills perhaps) and generally makes things very flexible.

Still cant see the advantage Ermm
I run 2x dual 18" on each channel of a LAB PLM20K44. 
If flexibility is needed with more subs, a second Amp is hooked up.
Same as with mains (dual 12"+comp).
Infills are run of a separate amp. One cable on each stack. Always stereo setup with dual stacks.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 9:46pm
Current PAT test Hifi

www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 1:12am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

I dont get the idea of all those conmectors. Why not just use 8way speakon all the way? Two in each enclosure. Job done. 

So the whole point of the multiple connectors on this rig is ease of set up. There is a dedicated amp rack that has been built which has everything connected to a patch panel so it is really easy to plug in.

We went with NL4 in/out on every box as the amp rack and cable set up for my rig is all 2 core on NL4, that way if we ever need to we can use my cable for her rig.

I don't like the new square NL8 connectors, much prefer the old round ones which we managed to salvage 8 of (thanks Phil Dekked) and the NL4MPR were cheap so the connectors didn't actually cost much to sort out. Buying lots of nl8 plugs & sockets would have cost a fortune and then the rig would only work with nl8 cable.

Trying to do something a bit different with this one to keep it simple but also able to integrate with other setups should that ever have to happen. She has 2 more compression driver boxes so can do 4 separate stacks if need be and has 2 x 15m + 2 x 10m nl8 cables with the little neutrik link connector things so they can be combined however is required.

Originally posted by madboffin madboffin wrote:

You might consider rounding off the edges of those connector recesses, otherwise you will be forever cursing as you graze your fingers on the woodwork...

They are all rounded off, I think the combination of my crappy phone camera & the filter mad them look like that. Here is a slightly clearer shot.

Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 4:23pm

Our new setup
Labhorns, USBs and Floodlights

Edited by Futendra - 22 January 2021 at 4:23pm
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 6:01pm
Nice Tongue
the midtops!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 95>