Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 95>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 7:39pm
Brutal, intimidating and -when dialed in correct- Hifi at eyeballpopping levels.. So much want! mostly not into the black box look but this one looks perfect. wondering what will remain inside the labhorns after a decent party.. Belgium and the south of netherlands is a great rig richer! whoohoo! 

Edited by Bams - 22 January 2021 at 7:42pm
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 9:57pm
10/10 Clap
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 12:41am
serious
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 11:39am
Fantastic Job, it's great to see someone come to the forum. Ask questions and end up with such a great set up. 

Well done for perseverance, trying you own thing, but also listening to the advice of others. 

Now to get working on the second stack. Wink
jackath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Futendra Futendra wrote:

Our new setup
Labhorns, USBs and Floodlights

Very nice. One of my dream set ups. 

I got the USBs and USBv2s - one day I will put labs under them. But probably won't get round to affording/running floods 

Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

Fantastic Job, it's great to see someone come to the forum. Ask questions and end up with such a great set up. 

Well done for perseverance, trying you own thing, but also listening to the advice of others. 

Now to get working on the second stack. Wink

Thank you for all your help throughout the years! Without it I wouldn't have come as far as we are now with the system!

Once covid is over we will hopefully get closer to our second stack, which would result in 4 USBs, 12 Labhorns and 6 Floodlights.

Originally posted by jackath jackath wrote:

Very nice. One of my dream set ups.
I got the USBs and USBv2s - one day I will put labs under them. But probably won't get round to affording/running floods

The setup is a dream indeed. Tons of headroom, very nice transient response and *breathtakingly* low and loud bass with kicks that kick like a horse! The floods and USB's are a big step up from the TMS-3s we had earlier, and the upgrade helps save our backs too. We're able to set this up with two people, using two tables, which was unthinkable with the TMS-3s!

Originally posted by Bams Bams wrote:

Brutal, intimidating and -when dialed in correct- Hifi at eyeballpopping levels.. So much want! mostly not into the black box look but this one looks perfect. wondering what will remain inside the labhorns after a decent party.. Belgium and the south of netherlands is a great rig richer! whoohoo! 

Thank you!
So far we haven't pulled out a lot, as I am very strict about not letting the crowd use them as expensive folding tables. I was thinking about putting a grill in one of the horn folds to prevent anything getting to the drivers.

Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

serious

Originally posted by munkey munkey wrote:

Nice Tongue

Originally posted by infrasound infrasound wrote:

10/10 Clap

Thank you! Big smile
adamb00m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamb00m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by empiresoundsystem empiresoundsystem wrote:

Im back with a new username (maybe 10 years!?) used to be AdamB0mb... anyway...

I have just out a little system together which has similarities to this..

Design considerations:

1. Big enough for ~150 people private parties
2. Fit in a SWB transporter with rear seats fitted
3. Smallest / lightest amp rack possible
4. Not break the bank - reuse my old monitors as mid-tops
5. Run as a mini instant party system from car amps should the need arise

So...

1. ASS SP5 mid-tops, my old monitors that have sat in the shed for far too long doing not much
2. Pair of double 18 bins from CHarden, designed for use in a local venue, given a little spruce up
3. Blue Aran 1U 4 channel Chinese amp, Q8 or something like that, weighs bugger all and does an ok job - 2in 4out LMS - for actual party mode
4. Hertz car amps hidden under seats with big AGM batteries, all you can see with the system removed is 2 NL4 speakons on the rear panel - for instant, fling the back doors open party mode

Can only run one bin on the car amps...

Edited by adamb00m - 06 February 2021 at 9:51am
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2021 at 9:22pm
"4. Hertz car amps hidden under seats with big AGM batteries"

- do yourself a favour and go for the slightly more expensive lifepo4 ones.. !

adamb00m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamb00m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 9:36am
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

"4. Hertz car amps hidden under seats with big AGM batteries"

- do yourself a favour and go for the slightly more expensive lifepo4 ones.. !

It’ll run for about ~6 hours without the van running, the aim was to do this cheap... and it is now done. It’s not like I have to carry the batteries and I’m not sure the van has noticed pulling them along.

Can someone tell me how to get my pictures working? Man I sound like such a newb - fixed... annoying my old account was “old croc”.

Edited by adamb00m - 06 February 2021 at 9:49am
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 9:39am
You might need 10 posts before being able to post/upload photos. Like the PM system.  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 12:03pm
Welcome back adam. Long time.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by adamb00m adamb00m wrote:

Originally posted by empiresoundsystem empiresoundsystem wrote:

Im back with a new username (maybe 10 years!?) used to be AdamB0mb... anyway...

I have just out a little system together which has similarities to this..

Design considerations:

1. Big enough for ~150 people private parties
2. Fit in a SWB transporter with rear seats fitted
3. Smallest / lightest amp rack possible
4. Not break the bank - reuse my old monitors as mid-tops
5. Run as a mini instant party system from car amps should the need arise

So...

1. ASS SP5 mid-tops, my old monitors that have sat in the shed for far too long doing not much
2. Pair of double 18 bins from CHarden, designed for use in a local venue, given a little spruce up
3. Blue Aran 1U 4 channel Chinese amp, Q8 or something like that, weighs bugger all and does an ok job - 2in 4out LMS - for actual party mode
4. Hertz car amps hidden under seats with big AGM batteries, all you can see with the system removed is 2 NL4 speakons on the rear panel - for instant, fling the back doors open party mode

Can only run one bin on the car amps...

Looks like good fun! Hope to hear it on the streets of Somerset this summer :)
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 95>