Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2022 at 1:27am
Sounds like you're enjoying the process as much as the punters are enjoying the results Jackson. Love the aesthetic you're developing too. All the best!
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2022 at 1:28am
Originally posted by JulianDA JulianDA wrote:

We had the first outing with our full rig last weekend and it was pretty nice to say the least. The rig consists of 4 Letterbox X1 loaded with V18-1000, 2 of our Kickhorns loaded with 2 Oberton 15B450 each and our new Midtops loaded with 18S 15NMB420 and 18S NSD1480N on the 18S XT1464. Each X1 is powered by one channel of a Proline 3000 and the Kicks and Tops are powered by two TSA 4-700 :)

Love this, very clean!
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2022 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by vertx vertx wrote:

[QUOTE=hectorberman]These are beautiful. 

Did you design the 18" flared port subs yourself?
This is the SB118 with flared port:

Embarrassed  ''compound - tapered - waveguide''Wink

Edited by KidCreole - 29 December 2022 at 6:41pm
Mykey Wattco
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2022 at 11:06pm
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
richardwatts87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardwatts87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2022 at 6:56pm
That flared port is brilliant, really nice design...

Looks great nude too... 
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2023 at 3:23am
Just got some sweet 10" coaxial + 12" woofer custom loudspeakers into a cocktail bar/late night pizza joint at central station in Sydney, called Oltra, with regular DJ's and live acts and run by a great local crew!

Got their logo carved into the back of them too which turned out nicely :)

Edited by vertx - 31 March 2023 at 3:24am
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2023 at 1:58pm
Nice work vertx!
Who makes that plate amp please? I don't recognise the logo.
MrMagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2023 at 8:31pm
Looks to be 'Sanway' or a rebadged Sanway unit - https://www.china-sanway.com/D2-825-800W-250W-2CH-DSP-Active-Plate-Amplifier-for-Bi-amp-Speaker-pd48500156.html
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2023 at 1:28am
Yep rebadged Sanway! They seem to do what the specs say, so not something I'd put in a pair of studio monitors but for speakers that will be in an environment with a high noise floor already in an untreated room  i.e bar, I think they can be an option. Lots of EQ points, limiters, good options for decent peak power, you can even get them with APFs. Dealing with Stefan from Sanway has been straight forward with no issues. If they last for the full 2 year warranty period I'd say they might fit the bill for a few DIY projects. Happy to keep forum peeps updated on any unit failures but none so far. Only issue I have with them is the single channel series - the D1-800 have a different chassis mounting screws which can create a gap between plate amp chassis and loudspeaker enclosure that required some extra care and extra gasket foam on a small sub I put it in to stop rattling/air leakage. 
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 12:07am
Nice Jackson, though surely grills with your logo is better for business no?
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 8:01am
Possibly! But I feel like at least here in Sydney the fashion is trending away from grills in general (at least metal ones). As always the form vs function conundrum requires some consideration Wink 

Plus my head has always been way too far up in the clouds to be thinking about what's good for business when it comes to speakers LOL
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 11:59am
Originally posted by vertx vertx wrote:

Possibly! But I feel like at least here in Sydney the fashion is trending away from grills in general (at least metal ones). As always the form vs function conundrum requires some consideration Wink 

Plus my head has always been way too far up in the clouds to be thinking about what's good for business when it comes to speakers LOL
check out this site he's making some wooden grills , don't seem to be a bad idea 
 https://www.jamesloudspeaker.com/products/325 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495>