Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 95>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by rish rish wrote:

Very nice El. how do those tapped horns perform?

Rish

Pretty wild. Not very efficient but play all the 20's and 30's with ease and very clean so it can get quite unsettling.
Work fine fullrange but settled on 24-55hz with usb2 above and that gets a bit silly. Had a good go with them on everything from live bands, roots & dub and various different bass music genres. Has made it a bit easier at festivals when the full spectrum means you can play quieter but still nurture vibes. Had a little surprise visit from noise management at shambala though when using the void judgement dub to get an impedance reading on the k10 and a steppas vinyl (conscious youth) to check for deck feedback... turned into an inadvertent propagation test.

They're pretty manageable. About 110kg and similar size to a psyco. Good handles.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Jimmer Jimmer wrote:

Unusual mod to the dimming pack bottom right there and the lighting stands in front of the stacks look a little exposed? Were there crowd barriers or was it not that kind of gig?
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
Bad Man Moriarty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad Man Moriarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 12:28am
well there are two quite annoying questions right there
GorillaAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorillaAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 12:54am

Stormzy and some of our Psycos and Primes In an EX top secret, Underground, WW2 Rover factory. This was for a Secret exclusive party Held by Spotify earlier in the year. 

Edited by GorillaAudio - 09 September 2016 at 12:57am
George C - www.gorilla-audio.co.uk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorillaAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 1:11am
 Same system set up slightly different at a Girl Guides Festival (Bit of an odd one for us). This was the first time i'd used this system outside with X-Series amps and some slightly new X Over settings. (I had used them before in the Tunnel above, but it still of course sounded like a tunnel regardless). It was also hooked up to the Console via AES. Had loads of Bands, singers, acoustic acts through it over the course of the weekend and even I was fairly gobsmacked at how well it performed, and how little effort it took to get it sounding amazing for live performance. (its admittedly been a pain at times in the past)  Those amps make one hell of a difference. Shame we got such strict noise limits. 
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Sinai Sound Sinai Sound wrote:

Managed to get out almost all of the sound the other week in Bristol

Another mid-top is in the warehouse, and another 4 scoops being built at the minute...

Wow!  Let's have some details?

It's everything, not everythink!
tmg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 8:33am
Big up Sinai. Gutted I couldn't make it down for a listen in the end.
Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 11:39am
8 x PD1852 Polar Bear Scoops
8 x ex-Iration Steppas mid tops
Loaded with RCF MB15H401, B&C 12NDL76, BMS 4554 & Beyma CP22

Powersoft K3 DSP
Powersoft K3 DSP
Powersoft K20 DSP
Powersoft K20 DSP

Edited by Sinai Sound - 09 September 2016 at 2:58pm
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

Unusual mod to the dimming pack bottom right there and the lighting stands in front of the stacks look a little exposed? Were there crowd barriers or was it not that kind of gig?

Yeah not that type of gig fella. Sure it wasn't ideal, but as you can see by the steep pitch of the marquee roof, I couldn't getc them any wider. Had to light the faces somehow! 

Also all my generic lighting is on 16a ceeform, so to save taking big dimmer racks and socca breakouts, a little 4 way dim pack with ceeform sockets is ideal for little setups like this.

Hope that puts your mind at rest...

Ps. It sounded really good...Wink

Edited by Jimmer - 09 September 2016 at 3:02pm
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by GorillaAudio GorillaAudio wrote:

Same system set up slightly different at a Girl Guides Festival (Bit of an odd one for us). This was the first time i'd used this system outside with X-Series amps and some slightly new X Over settings. (I had used them before in the Tunnel above, but it still of course sounded like a tunnel regardless). It was also hooked up to the Console via AES. Had loads of Bands, singers, acoustic acts through it over the course of the weekend and even I was fairly gobsmacked at how well it performed, and how little effort it took to get it sounding amazing for live performance. (its admittedly been a pain at times in the past)  Those amps make one hell of a difference. Shame we got such strict noise limits. 

Those Girls Guides must have been pretty wild to need all those barriers!   LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorillaAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Originally posted by GorillaAudio GorillaAudio wrote:

Those Girls Guides must have been pretty wild to need all those barriers!   LOL

Oh you'd be surprised!  LOL
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Jimmer Jimmer wrote:

Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Didn't mean to sound critical (or annoying) - just interested in why people do things the way they do.

I'm sure it did sound really good - looks great.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 95>