Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 95>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2016 at 9:24pm
This is my sound sistem at the moment, 2 MTL-46 loaded with B&C neo drivers and 2 double 12 and a 2" CD. The 12" are PD121. Using the TSA 4-1300 for the tops and the Lab FP14K clone for the subs.Building 2 more subs at the moment and waiting for the Walmec Paint gun to arrive to try some Warnex on them.

Wish i had more pictures

Measure twice...cut once.
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2016 at 12:56am
Red Bull sponsored "The Great Antipodean Reggae Soundsystem Carnival" in Sydney Australia yesterday on Sunday. 4 sounds system out doors from midday to 7, noise police got upset around 5:30 but a great day for all involved.

Earthshaker (Adelaide) - Stack 1 - 24" reflex

Earthshaker (Adelaide) - Stack 2 - Quad 18" reflex

Heartical (Melbourne) - Stack 1 - Next to Earthshaker quads

Heartical (Melbourne) - Stack 2

Inner West Reggae Disco Machine (Sydney) - only had the 1 stack

KBI Killer Bass Injection (Perth) - 2 stacks of this

Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2016 at 2:10am
Laurin and myself at his silliness.

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2016 at 8:45am
that's quite a collection of stuff alright. what are the big subs the 2 stacks in the foreground are sitting on?
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2016 at 9:20am
I think its 4 stacks of the exact same, just the photo makes the nearest stacks look like huge blocks of a dif sub
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2016 at 11:10am
Originally posted by b grade b grade wrote:

Originally posted by Sapro2 Sapro2 wrote:

You always have lovely locations for your venues B grade. Do the mid horns reach high enough to meet your tweeters?

The tweeter boxes are actually a slightly larger range than you would think. My lo-fi(nance) solution was to make a 2way passive crossover box. The dual horns are the same but the drivers are different. The lower horn has a more vocal mid comp on it and that can technically go lower than the horn, but not as efficient as the hf comp. Still it bridges the gap pretty well without costing ridiculous money. Obviously I would prefer to have less crossovers. I can run the tweeter boxes as low as 800 hz before it starts sounding horrid, but I usually run them at about 1.2khz. The passive crossover between the comp drivers is at 4.5khz I think.

Thanks for the kind words about the spot. This one was extra special, and found at the very last minute too. I almost did this party in my basement. LOL. My first time running two different rigs at the same party. My B system was fun too, but I forgot to take any pictures. That one was for a super low extension chill room. The one in the picture was for loudness, with a retro 90s goa theme. Free and illegal for authenticity.

Thanks B Grade. I reckon you run things just how I like them! Shame you are so far away!
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2016 at 7:52pm

our little stack goin out tomorrow tried and failed to do a little sound check LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2016 at 7:57am
Did a stage on a small techno/house festival last weekend.
Nearest residential homes at 250m with a dba limit of 60 so cardioid it was.

Ran an 8 channel snake to the stage from the x32 rack, controlled through the ipad without any glitches all night. Ideal for quickly switching djs on stage.
Best regards,
Teun.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2016 at 4:55pm

well got to the irish centre digbeth on friday and no mans there to help get the set up to the function room !! so me and birthday boy had the honors boy was we hot wot a mission LOL set up everything and run sum tune a next man from the street came in and wants to hire us for an event LOL anyway after tuning up the set dropped sum pressure smashed a load of glasses in the bar a good and a bad thing Big smile  the nite went well playin all types of urban music dj taxi from kriss fm loved the set sed it was heavy and wants to link up with the wife and do sumthing Thumbs Up so all good and no casualties everything good Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2016 at 6:20pm
Yamaha amps Teun?

How big a crowd can you cover with your rig?

Edited by all bass - 18 September 2016 at 6:21pm
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2016 at 7:47pm
System is 
18'' tapped horn subs
15'' bph kicks
double 12'' lowmids
bms coax midhighs, driven actively on JBL 2385 horns. 

All controlled by the netmax and mixed with the X32 rack.
Single ethernet cable between the X32 and the Netmax for both audio and control, both have a Dante card.

The amps are renkus heinz branded Crest P7001 for lowmids and P6001 for midhigh and high.
The subs are driven by Dap vision 3500 and the kicks by Dap extreme 2400.
I'd say its about a 500 capacity system set up like this with bassheavy EDM.
Got 16 subs in total for a bit bigger. Always have plenty of headroom on kicks, lowmids and midhighs so that scales up pretty easy.

I'm looking for a new wifi accespoint that i can easily rackmount. Any suggestions?
Been looking at the NowSonic stage router, which seems to fit the bill perfectly, but its a bit pricey.
Removable antennas with SMA connector considered as well with proper directional antenna.
Best regards,
Teun.
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2016 at 6:16pm
Little bit of a whole lot of pouring rain under dodgy pop-ups this time. This is morning after. Judge the crowd by the dirt scuffs. We had about 70 effing hardcore psytrance fans in near freezing rain, and a small but full dancefloor at 3 am. Can't really do better than that without being a legitimate business with real infrastructure and maybe even a (gasp) cover charge and permits. It was very wet and I was nervous about swamping all night, but we pulled it off. No water in any gear other than mud spatter and some stray drops on the outside.

System is 4 1850s loaded with FaitalPro (two per side...I know I know), Four of my own bp6 mono stacked 18s (for everything horns miss <50hz), four of my own mid horns, 2 cheapy dual comp boxes, and a couple yamaha 15"monitors for mid fill (this worked much better than I expected). QSC AMPS. Everything was stacked low because pop-up tents eat treble if you stack tall. The comps were about shoulder height, but I knew that we were not going to have hundreds out in that weather so I figure body blockage would be less of a problem.

The people loved it. It was the best sounding system I have ever put up for sure.

Technically, I am retired from illicit free parties after this one. We killed it. People are begging me to take more gigs. Most systems on here would prob eat mine, as I my budget has never been at all fat, but I have some pride in the fact that my amateur designs, inferior amps, educated budget driver swaps and DIY crap is chosen over some very nice branded gear, even though they undercut my price. I may do some more legit and safe gigs but other life, family and spinal concerns are changing my priorities in my 40s. Young scrappy people got this.

I sincerely thank speakerplans for helping me to be poor, and deaf, and happy about it. <3

Edited by b grade - 20 September 2016 at 8:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 95>