Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 95>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2016 at 7:48pm
good work!
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2016 at 7:56pm
ClapClapClapClap
It's everything, not everythink!
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 10:25am
^^^^^
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 7:27pm
Some Croatia 2016 bits:

The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 7:32pm
And something else new (poo photo sorry!), TH212i and SM60F for an install, still need to spray the internal horn white as it looks much nicer with grille off:
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 8:26am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Some Croatia 2016 bits:

Nice! Did Outlook + Dimensions 2014 and 2015, hopefully next year too. Neuron stages always sounded great, can't wait to go back!
+/-3dB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +/-3dB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 7:33pm
Can you tell us a bit about the danley gear? Is as good sounding as F1 and Void for dance music?
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 12:57am
Honestly, it's different. I think we're so used to hearing systems where the ranges come from separate sources that when you hear it all come from one point it's a bit difficult to comprehend.

Also the J1 is scary loud up close, and you can kind of walk in and out of the parts of the paraline lens with some odd HF effects when you're within a few metres, so they work best at a certain distance from the crowd if you're going to be driving them even moderately hard.

Once you get over that initial confusion though, the clarity and depth is something else. The J1 really shone at Dimensions, Moritz Von Oswald was a particular highlight. Right to the back it was almost identical to the front, just a tiny bit quieter. The fact you get so much kick from the tops helps as well, it carries for miles and has a ton of impact. The J2 and J3 are a more complicated alignment, with the J2 focusing on massive quality at the expense of pure SPL. Given how impressed we'be been with the J1, I'm really excited to hear the rest of the range especially in lieu of most line arrays. I think they're fine tools for the job but this is definitely more pleasurable to mix on. You'll note that a majority of our shows are point source anyway because I do prefer to do that right when possible...

For smaller stuff, the synergy horns I've tried so far are great. That SM60F came out the box, I put a 50Hz HPF on it and played some music and frankly it sounded excellent with properly even coverage in the stated pattern and smooth decay outside of it too. No EQ, no manufacturer settings loaded, just raw box. You'll note that they also provide all their spec sheets as unprocessed response, which is very nice. Of course with presets they only get better.

Likewise the TH212, it sounds like a much bigger sub and has serious weight and warmth. The venue is a restaurant that has DJs on weekends so I think people will be surprised at the depth considering the sub won't be visible at all!

I hope to have some news to announce very soon on this whole thing, but this probably isn't the place for business type stuff, so keep an eye on our Facebook. I also hope to do some proper demo shows soon too, whilst it's a little bit quieter, and will of course let people know

Edited by toastyghost - 23 September 2016 at 1:02am
+/-3dB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +/-3dB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 6:34am
I only heard their smaller stuff at a demo. Was impressed with the dynamicss and the clarity which stayed consistent a long way back.
The TH18 didn't have punch I'm used too, but I guess you get the kick from the mid/tops in their bigger boxes.
Don't like the orange color though. Gives them a DIY appearance. Looks like they are only good for trance music in a dark forrest.

Edited by +/-3dB - 23 September 2016 at 6:34am
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 5:20pm
Link up we did at Volks in Brighton the other night...a stack in each corner of the rear wall.

Ended up having to remove a scoop and mid from Kings Hi-Fi because it was blocking the fire exit by about 20cm....still large though!

Kings Hi-Fi:

Westway Roots:

Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2016 at 6:45pm
Starting to look like something.
The bms drivers oxidate very fast btw Shocked

Edited by Teunos - 28 September 2016 at 6:46pm
Best regards,
Teun.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2016 at 7:20pm
Where are you seeing that? I've got some here that have been used in various climates in the States and Europe and no oxidisation I can see
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 95>