Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 95>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Some from the last couple of weeks:

And one from a slightly less legitimate collaborative effort six years back for old times' sake:

So how do I get a job with you then Mr Toasty? I'm not jealous of that lot at all!!LOL
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 10:48pm
A pic of mine (whilst im busy loosing my ***t as everything was going wrong, first gig in 17 years)
Nothing compared to 99.9% of whats on here, but its a start
patryk1305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patryk1305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

A pic of mine (whilst im busy loosing my ***t as everything was going wrong, first gig in 17 years)

I hope the middle speakers were used as raisers only Wink

Edited by patryk1305 - 16 April 2017 at 11:02am
Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 4:46pm

Standard speakerplans rig apart from the 6" mids :)

Edited by Risc_Terilia - 19 April 2017 at 4:47pm
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

lose the led monstrosity lights on the outside, spread out the scans, add haze = smile!!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by patryk1305 patryk1305 wrote:

I hope the middle speakers were used as raisers only Wink

Errr - noted for the next gig Wink 

Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

lose the led monstrosity lights on the outside, spread out the scans, add haze = smile!!

They are proper cheap and crap, but filled a hole. Would have been better if my controller hadn't died beforehand. Also noted, wont be there for the next one Embarrassed 
Now to get more people to the next event where I will be more relaxed, had been a long long time since my last mobile as I had given that in for club work, forgot how much 'fun' set up was LOL
Bad Man Moriarty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad Man Moriarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 12:46am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

We are fighting an uphill fight, but we are getting there slowly :-)

you could always throw some boxes at me for a season I'll put them on some rock n roll shows for you if your looking to tap into that market

gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Risc_Terilia Risc_Terilia wrote:

How those tops sound? What are the drivers? How do you cut them? How is this mid horn build? Plywood? Fiber glass?
Btw. Nice one

Edited by gen0me - 20 April 2017 at 7:22am
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 9:39am
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

How those tops sound? What are the drivers? How do you cut them? How is this mid horn build? Plywood? Fiber glass?
Btw. Nice one

Cheers.  Full build pics are in this thread http://forum.speakerplans.com/mt121-top-end-ideas_topic18295_page1.html

Right now it's a Fane Sovereign 6 which aren't good in it but I'm planning on upgrading to a Beyma 6MI90 when the system next generates some income. 
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 5:42pm

WELL SPANK MY ASS AND CALL ME DAISY those are the original Studio45 midtops...I sold them in Sheff and then thought they got sold to someone in Huddersfield...was it you? Anyway, do you like them? What drivers are there now? Gassed to see they're still in use LOL
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 7:17pm
So how did they sound? How mid horns were made and how long is that mid horn?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 8:45am
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

So how did they sound? How mid horns were made and how long is that mid horn?

Full build pics are in this thread http://forum.speakerplans.com/mt121-top-end-ideas_topic18295_page1.html

Right now it's a Fane Sovereign 6 which aren't good in it but I'm planning on upgrading to a Beyma 6MI90 when the system next generates some income. 

I'd say the horn (waveguide really) is around 25 CM studio45 would be the man to speak to really.  Right now it sounds no worse than just the 12" + 1" but it should sound better when I get the 6MI90 in there.  

Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

WELL SPANK MY ASS AND CALL ME DAISY those are the original Studio45 midtops...I sold them in Sheff and then thought they got sold to someone in Huddersfield...was it you? Anyway, do you like them? What drivers are there now? Gassed to see they're still in use LOL

Yeah it was cool to see them being built in that thread on here.  I did buy them off someone in Sheffield but I'm from Aldertshot.  The only thing I don't like is the weight LOL  It's Fane Studio 12, Fane Sovereign 6 and Celestion CDX1-1745.  I'm planning on changing for the Beyma 6MI90 and DE250 at some point this year.  Nice to make contact with the original builder! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 95>