Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 95>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 12:57pm
How directive is this mid?
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Risc_Terilia Risc_Terilia wrote:

Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

So how did they sound? How mid horns were made and how long is that mid horn?

Originally posted by Risc_Terilia Risc_Terilia wrote:

Full build pics are in this thread http://forum.speakerplans.com/mt121-top-end-ideas_topic18295_page1.html

Right now it's a Fane Sovereign 6 which aren't good in it but I'm planning on upgrading to a Beyma 6MI90 when the system next generates some income. 

I'd say the horn (waveguide really) is around 25 CM studio45 would be the man to speak to really.  Right now it sounds no worse than just the 12" + 1" but it should sound better when I get the 6MI90 in there.  

Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

WELL SPANK MY ASS AND CALL ME DAISY those are the original Studio45 midtops...I sold them in Sheff and then thought they got sold to someone in Huddersfield...was it you? Anyway, do you like them? What drivers are there now? Gassed to see they're still in use LOL

Yeah it was cool to see them being built in that thread on here.  I did buy them off someone in Sheffield but I'm from Aldertshot.  The only thing I don't like is the weight LOL  It's Fane Studio 12, Fane Sovereign 6 and Celestion CDX1-1745.  I'm planning on changing for the Beyma 6MI90 and DE250 at some point this year.  Nice to make contact with the original builder! 

I've got a spare pair of those 12"s boxed and unused I bought for a project. If you fancy making me an offer on them pm me.
JEB88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEB88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 5:54pm
I was testing out the splay boards that I've knocked up and thought it would be a good opportunity to show off the rig... well half of it...

Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 8:17pm
Very nice! Kind off pro look ;). Which bass cabs are that?
We need more SPL!
JEB88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEB88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

Very nice! Kind off pro look ;). Which bass cabs are that?

They're Stable Audio usb v2s
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 8:43pm
Was thinking that yeah, nice , never heard them before , but there are 12x now in Belgium so I should hear them sooner or later :) 
We need more SPL!
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 9:14pm
Looking good yeah, but I hope you stack them higher at a real gig?
Best regards,
Teun.
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 9:19pm
Had my rig out last night for a Techno gig.

Very odd shaped room, restricted stacking options. 
However acoustically the room was great, thick carpet and draped walls, Plus a completely odd shape with pretty much no parallel walls.

Any way less chat more pics!

njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 9:59pm
^I don't know if it's just the camera angle but that looks like way too much rig for the gig. I like...... LOL

Edit: It reminds me of when myself and a mate of mine were resident DJ's at a local venue, the venue is in a cellar so the ceilings were very low and the room was narrow and long, it would hold 250 people at most. Anyway, we would typically put about 6kw's worth of old school Celestion and Fane loaded cabs in there powered by a stack of Matrix STR amps. The construction of the building was all brick and there was a lot of carpeting and seating so the acoustics were pretty awesome. As you can imagine the system was barely ticking over most of the time yet I actually had complaints from people saying that there was too much bass on the dancefloor and we had further complaints from residents in the flats above....

......three floors up.LOL  They've got a load of 8" Wharfedale Titans in there now with a couple of 15" bass  reflex cabs on the dancefloor, I'll hold my hands up and say that's my fault!Big smile

Edited by njw - 29 April 2017 at 10:19pm
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 10:04pm
It not large room, The couch in the bottom right of the corner was moved, and there was about 8 Meters from the rig to the rear wall. The room also juts off in a couple of different directions, but the dance floor area was approximately 8mx5m so not that small.

Never the less I didn't need to run the rig hard to get the desired SPL levels.  
4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Phil B Phil B wrote:

2 x Keystone subs . Well seeing as we built ourselves ( DiY HiFi ) some we decided to do some more ! Not loaded with the monster B&C 115's but something a bit less likely to get the noise police calling RCF 18LP300's...a v.smooth driver in that box.

Very neat looking install!

Did you modfiy the keystone design in some way to match the l18p300? How does it perform except for being "smooth"?
uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by JEB88 JEB88 wrote:

I was testing out the splay boards that I've knocked up and thought it would be a good opportunity to show off the rig... well half of it...

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

I want some Peter Morris Tops too!!! Must be one hell of a rig!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 95>