Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 95>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Did you do any arc delay on the subs? A 12 wide block without spacing or physical arc gets quite laser beam like!

Yeah there was some what of a power ally going on with no delaying.
I am very much still in testing (learning) of best deployment of the WSX, they are some what of a beast and don’t always behave like you would expect.

In recent years I have become very reliant on sound vision.

www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

Jason how do you find the TN5s? I was looking at swapping out my QSC   please for something newer. My F1 drivers aren’t power hungry (efficiency I think is the correct term Wink) How do the handle the low end? Always found Yamaha amplifiers in the past struggling when it came to delivering low end power.

T5n’s are a funny one!

They sound great, like really good! 

Bass they don’t blow you away. I run mine at 4R on WSX they work as it’s not all about sheer power.
They work for me as I have so many of them 20+ and they are in at the right money.
I would compare them very much to a Lab 6400.

For a all round good sounding reliable work horse they rock. They are NOT a bass face melter.

www.stage2sound.com
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 11:44am
https://www.facebook.com/groups/newandusedsoundequipment/permalink/984944891671995/?sale_post_id=984944891671995
How has he mounted hfWacko
Here are the bullets:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/newandusedsoundequipment/permalink/984944891671995/?sale_post_id=984944891671995
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

Jason how do you find the TN5s? I was looking at swapping out my QSC   please for something newer. My F1 drivers aren’t power hungry (efficiency I think is the correct term Wink) How do the handle the low end? Always found Yamaha amplifiers in the past struggling when it came to delivering low end power.

T5n’s are a funny one!

They sound great, like really good! 

Bass they don’t blow you away. I run mine at 4R on WSX they work as it’s not all about sheer power.
They work for me as I have so many of them 20+ and they are in at the right money.

For a all round good sounding reliable work horse they rock. They are NOT a bass face melter.

At last, been wondering for ages.

Thanks
It's everything, not everythink!
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

How has he mounted hfWacko

Looks like they've sandwiched the main baffle between the HF driver and its horn.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 5:20pm

That would be praise enough for me! Great amp.
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 9:17pm

Can't wait to take it out again!
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 11:13pm
I dont wanna be a splay nazi but what the hell? lol
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 7:54am
concave splaying can work better than convex.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 8:27am
Yeah if you put mid high together in the centre and cross-fired them i think it would work well.  
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 8:29am
It's everything, not everythink!
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

That would be praise enough for me! Great amp.

The t5n is a great amp. But its not comparable to modern high powered switch modes like K8 upwards of FFA10k etc. It just hasnt go the balls of them. But it sounds a whole heap better.

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 95>