Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 95>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 6:31am
with a duty factor of 100% with a nominal 8Ω load your current is around 13.7A. 12AWG wire is good for around 20A.

On the basis that your long term ( say 1 min average) current is probably going to be around 4.5A with you hitting the clip point of your amplifier regularly then i will be rather surprised if you see any heating effects whatsoever.

Edited by csg - 06 November 2018 at 6:32am
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
tkroeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkroeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 10:05am
thank you.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 9:12am
Just a rendering for now, but will be made in to real paint work for a client in Germany.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 10:28am
nice!
www.instagram.com/translate.sound
FrederikMA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrederikMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 10:51am
Amazing Marjan. What is the throat size og that hf horn? Looks pretty big..
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by FrederikMA FrederikMA wrote:

Amazing Marjan. What is the throat size og that hf horn? Looks pretty big..

It has two drivers mounted in it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrederikMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 2:27pm
Aaah yes, that's the one.. Marjan, would it be feasable to have something like the JBL d2 OEM'ed at BMS?
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 8:22pm
The horn is not like the one in the rendering. It has a normal 2 inch exit. This waw easier to draw in 3D, but still good enough to give us an idea how the colors would match.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 8:34pm

Aaah yes, that's the one.. Marjan, would it be feasable to have something like the JBL d2 OEM'ed at BMS?

Probably yes, but it would require massive volume order. Think of thousands pcs.
I already asked like 6-7 yeas ago about making something based on the coax driver but with two 4550 cones. Something that will do 800Hz up but much louder. That is even before D2 cameout.
The 4599 is made then, but with bigger size annular rings and dont go high enough. But plenty low.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrederikMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Probably yes, but it would require massive volume order. Think of thousands pcs.
I already asked like 6-7 yeas ago about making something based on the coax driver but with two 4550 cones. Something that will do 800Hz up but much louder. That is even before D2 cameout.
The 4599 is made then, but with bigger size annular rings and dont go high enough. But plenty low.

Yes, all comes down to volume. I definitely think there's a market for that kind of driver, even with coax drivers available. 

Edited by FrederikMA - 08 November 2018 at 10:54am
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2018 at 11:36am

[I definitely think there's a market for that kind of driver, even with coax drivers available. 
Smile
Where can those d2 drivers be bought from? Are there another diameter versions available too? JBL mentioned something about another prototypes.
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

[I definitely think there's a market for that kind of driver, even with coax drivers available. 

Smile
Where can those d2 drivers be bought from? Are there another diameter versions available too? JBL mentioned something about another prototypes.

They can’t be bought
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 95>