Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 95>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 7:12pm
The tops are roughly head height. The top of the speaker would be at about 6’ from the floor
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
partya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2019 at 4:28am
Nice and tidy setup there, liking the Speakerplans forum homepage on your laptop.....
Turn it up! Turn what up?
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2019 at 8:59am
Originally posted by confused.com confused.com wrote:

As little rigs go that is very nice indeed nothing beats quality and headroom. If only the average DJ got themselves something like that rather than their grotty little chinky plasticabs with cheap nasty plate amps nailed on the back the world would be a better place.

Thank you and yes I tend to agree; it did sound incredible. I was blown away by the 12” subs, to the point where I started imagining a world where I sold my 18’s and just bought multiples of the 12’s!

Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 1:52am
Originally posted by djgorey djgorey wrote:

Originally posted by confused.com confused.com wrote:

As little rigs go that is very nice indeed nothing beats quality and headroom. If only the average DJ got themselves something like that rather than their grotty little chinky plasticabs with cheap nasty plate amps nailed on the back the world would be a better place.

Thank you and yes I tend to agree; it did sound incredible. I was blown away by the 12” subs, to the point where I started imagining a world where I sold my 18’s and just bought multiples of the 12’s!

Labhorns are 12" LOL
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 3:00am
Originally posted by CTN CTN wrote:

Very tidy Clap
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 9:44am
It is also very convincing that all PA cabinets should be fitted with full metal grilles in order to stop punters from converting them into a club cloakroom or drinks cabinet.
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

It is also very convincing that all PA cabinets should be fitted with full metal grilles in order to stop punters from converting them into a club cloakroom or drinks cabinet.

The cloakroom bit happened to my uncle and after the second blown driver they took to putting charges in metal buckets behind the speakers which they’d set off if anybody went to put their coats there
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 10:42am
The first pic of those grey Hogs appears to be for someone who really likes the VRay renderer logo
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 11:00am
I found a PDQ machine in a sub not that long ago...
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 11:55am
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

I found a PDQ machine in a sub not that long ago...

Drug dealers are really upgrading in 2019 eh?
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 1:33pm
Speakers look lovely.

BUT the Metro deck gives me shudders ;) 
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 7:34pm
we had a lot of fun last weekend at Anthrapos festival in  hertfordshire - 
a smattering of Void air ten and Air vantage on two small stages, and one of my creations, 
Curious Yellow sound system on the main stage. Predominately psytrance, with a few other 
genres thrown in, genuinely lovely people and a pleasure other than the mud, never good when you are getting pulled on site by a tractor!...

The stacks comprise 4 of my single 18" subs, 4 twin 12"  V baffle mid bass and 2 off BMS 2" coax on 400Hz flare rate horns in a vertical array, all run from two powersoft x8's

Edited by csg - 19 June 2019 at 7:45pm
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 95>