Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 95>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 10:50am
well yes freakin hell you been there? kataonami. we got banned three years ago. Allowed back with small systems. Enlighten me as to why you know it please.
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 12:52pm
Hahaha I have been traveling the Kii peninsula some years ago, in Wakayama we went to the beach and there was some music  going on right there.
Wonderful region, Koyasan, Kii Oshima, Nachi and the other shrines along the Kumano Kodo, Nakanoshima, Yuminomine ... But never again in summer too hot LOL
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:54pm
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 12:02am
That's cool Jo. Hope you enjoyed traveling around Wakayama. I am into my 15th year now. Still like it. I am quite close to Koya san in the mountains. Bit cooler but still brutal summers. Killer hornets and centipedes.
That wasn't me in the pic. This used to be a good place to make noise. In the end the locals had enough. Sad because the stage has maybe the best power supply in the area. 200amps  just for the stage. Macro tec's ok. Cam lock connections. Most places you struggle to get enough being 100v and 15 amp plug sockets.
Now that's about all we can take. Long throw will get us banned again.
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 5:42am
This is the one that got me banned. There was a T.W audio system going at the same time on the main stage. He had 8 of those lovely dual 15inch bass horns.

partya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 7:36am

Feeling pretty lucky after a big summer of events! 1 month into Autumn and things are starting to slow down a bit (thankfully). A few big name European acts have relocated down under (I am in New Zealand) and have been regulars on the festival circuit.....
Turn it up! Turn what up?
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:50am
That looks nice, 186/1850 horns + Martin H3? Should kick a fair bit.

Here is a pic from a proof of concept day we did in Melbourne town hall (home to the largest pipe organ in the Southern Hemisphere). This was all in preparation of an event called Heavy Congress which is part of the Rising festival here in Melbourne. We will be putting in a total of 12 different crews speaker stacks around the venue with 9 stacks from 6 crews going into the main hall. The whole thing is going to be a free and we believe will be the largest gathering of DIY Sound Systems in Australia so far.

Info about it can be found here - https://rising.melbourne/festival-program/heavy-congress & on facebook here - https://www.facebook.com/events/1463833457312261

Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 4:35pm
Great photo.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
partya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:10am
Very cool photo indeed, that sounds like an awesome event!

Almost worth crossing the ditch for.....
Turn it up! Turn what up?
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:12pm
Pretty sure those two cubos with the grills were built by bee for me back in the day loaded with 1850s. I had 8 at one point, and they used to sign. 
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:40pm
Some new bits and bobs to keep me and a mate happy...

Damn, file size way too big. Well pkn4000, pkn10,000, community 690's and 4 x 780L. 

Should sound ok...
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Daniel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 6:28pm
I like how the wood finish on your speakers sort of match the interior of the hall. It's not the exact same finish but a way better match than regular black speakers. :)

Originally posted by fat_brstd fat_brstd wrote:

That looks nice, 186/1850 horns + Martin H3? Should kick a fair bit.

Here is a pic from a proof of concept day we did in Melbourne town hall (home to the largest pipe organ in the Southern Hemisphere). This was all in preparation of an event called Heavy Congress which is part of the Rising festival here in Melbourne. We will be putting in a total of 12 different crews speaker stacks around the venue with 9 stacks from 6 crews going into the main hall. The whole thing is going to be a free and we believe will be the largest gathering of DIY Sound Systems in Australia so far.

Info about it can be found here - https://rising.melbourne/festival-program/heavy-congress & on facebook here - https://www.facebook.com/events/1463833457312261

Distortion is evil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 95>