Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

home projector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: home projector
    Posted: 30 September 2016 at 9:12pm
ok lads.... so in the new flat i dont want a tv as a big ugly screen will just piss me off as i DO NOT WATCH TV. what im after is a projector that i can have a drop down screen with that i can use to just watch movies. thats what i do! movies... no more, no less!

so if im will to blow a monkey on a big tv seems only right to blow that same £500 on a projector and build myself a little cinema for me and my little girl to have movie nights with.

yes.... i will be silly and have a pair of tops and bass bins either side of the screen for playback and a quite rack of amps with a atx rack mount case too.... but that will be mainly for the playback of my record collection!

soooooooooo...... and good links and recommends for home projectors? i would like 1080p and as bright as possible but it will be mainly use after dusk so light bleed from the outside light wont be that much of a problem.... and quiet! it would be nice if it was a silent projector too! 

cheers all!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2016 at 10:36pm
I used to use an Optoma, no complaints with it. HD25 maybe? Get yourself a tensioned + fixed black velvet bordered screen if possible, they look the nuts and the drop down ones always develop creases eventually. Richer sounds sell a range for not too much £$

Edit: Don't forget if you're going to be half serious about surround sound, your centre speaker is important on a big screen. If you're staying stereo then crack on!

Edited by odc04r - 30 September 2016 at 10:37pm
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2016 at 1:10am
thank you... and no, i wont be serious about 9.2 surround.. stereo will be good enough (for now) and thanks for the heads up about the roller type screens. only problem being they are the only type i can use and i want it to disappear into the ceiling! anyway, i'll have a butchers at the projector you mention.

Cheers.

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 4:53pm
http://www.askdirect.co.uk/products/optoma-hd26-3d-projector.html?gclid=CPf5ha68vM8CFRE6Gwodkh0EkQ

its the HD26... looks like what im after and around a monkey too!! 26db in "eco mode".

thanks for the help... if anyone else has any suggestions for similar projectors im all ears. iv got a good month or two before i buy one.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 6:10pm
I reckon you'd be pretty happy with that. Never used mine in 3D and the first thing I did was Ebay the active glasses it came with and considered them a rebate on the unit. But kids may like them better, the best 3D effects come with animated films anyway.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 11:51pm
ok thats coll another plus one on THAT projector then! i doubt i'll use the 3D. im after watching old skool horrors and the odd sci-fi movie! MAYBE even a rom-com if shes a good girl too!

cheers again lads for the feedback!

plander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 6:40am
I would love my own home projector too but my wall is dark in color. insightful thread, will try HD26 for my home theater. 
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 9:43am
A dark wall is great for putting a proper screen on, it will soak up any other stray light reflections and keep attention on the image.
mikereviews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikereviews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2019 at 7:23pm
If anyone looking for quality projector then i can suggest you quality projector with specification details under £500 and 1080 best Quality projector with this website- 

https://projectoreviews.com/projector-under-500/

Edited by mikereviews - 27 December 2019 at 7:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply