Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C 18SW115 enclosure design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 5:49pm
Single 18 BR wont stand a chance against a TH, no mater the size.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 8:50pm
Bhaha I'd like to see how that one (really small) folds for more SPL, efficiency, usable bandwith, especially for lows, all at once, for basdreflex to loose. Damn, if all that was true, I would not use BR boxes for quite some time. Didn't happen for obvious reasons. For restricted volumes, the physics works as always did, so no magic happens with THs.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
RMS65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 9:56am
Hallo!
I am new to the forum.
I would like to made bass reflex for a group starring my son.
We have a sound system that is becoming too small.
Even given the time to watch the B & C 18SW115 8Ohm.
The game is played folk music and fun.
I need to carry out live music.
By just making will not be a problem.
The problem I see in the design.
Therefore, I appeal to you if there is any possibility to help me in the calculation of the box.

Thank you.

Jani
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Crashpc Crashpc wrote:

Bhaha I'd like to see how that one (really small) folds for more SPL, efficiency, usable bandwith, especially for lows, all at once, for basdreflex to loose. Damn, if all that was true, I would not use BR boxes for quite some time. Didn't happen for obvious reasons. For restricted volumes, the physics works as always did, so no magic happens with THs.

Single driver TH is twice the size of  a single driver reflex. So no magic.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 1:19pm
My Tham 12 which is the size of a shoebox totally outclasses a 12" BR, in fact, it outplays some 15-18" from 50hz and above!
You can't polish a turd!
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 1:41pm
Of course. I compared Cubo12 extended with some 15"s and 18"s, and it also could keep up with bigger guys above 50Hz.

You have SPL, size and range, and you always can pick only two in your favor. That way comparing yours with box that can do 35Hz well, is not fair comparison. It simply cannot do what the bigger box can. Therefore it is not generally better box. It is better box for your taste and purpose. And that's good. Nothing wrong about that.
It doesn't suit me though, as the performance under 50Hz, and especially under 40Hz, is pathetic. Otherwise I would build THs every time. I will anyways, but for different purpose...
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 4:12pm
Cubo12 isn't a tapped horn…
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 5:29pm
toastyghost: Yes, I´m aware. I was making a point towards size/SPL/range ratio, and TH isn´t going to break that either. I did Cubo 12 classic, and "superextended", and the second make might work in very hybrid, close to tapped horn mode. It didn´t  go low though.

RMS65:
I did quite compact bassreflex box with 18SW115, and it works very well.
http://www.picfront.org/d/9uHA

It is 54*58*75cm large box made of baltic birch (15mm thick), bassreflex ports are triangular at each corner /16cm long on shorter sides of the triangle, 13cm space is left inside box towards the back wall for air to go in and out. It is tuned at 34,5Hz that way. Could be made 3-5cm shorter for more prominent bass notes. and possibly 2-3Hz higher tuning.

The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 6:10pm
Sure thing, but put two of them together and you have more physical space taken up than a single 18" tapped horn - not by much, but still more space, and double the amp power needed to boot.

As ever, you pick your compromises.
RMS65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:35pm

toastyghost: Yes, I´m aware. I was making a point towards size/SPL/range ratio, and TH isn´t going to break that either. I did Cubo 12 classic, and "superextended", and the second make might work in very hybrid, close to tapped horn mode. It didn´t  go low though.

RMS65:
http://www.picfront.org/d/9uHA - http://www.picfront.org/d/9uHA

It is 54*58*75cm large box made of baltic birch (15mm thick), bassreflex ports are triangular at each corner /16cm long on shorter sides of the triangle, 13cm space is left inside box towards the back wall for air to go in and out. It is tuned at 34,5Hz that way. Could be made 3-5cm shorter for more prominent bass notes. and possibly 2-3Hz higher tuning.

Hallo!
Thanks for the information.
It is possible to get a plan.
Do you have a video of how to play Bassi?

bojana.jani@gmail.com

Thanks
Jani
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by RMS65 RMS65 wrote:

RMS65:
http://www.picfront.org/d/9uHA - http://www.picfront.org/d/9uHA</a>

Hallo!
Thanks for the information.
It is possible to get a plan.
Do you have a video of how to play Bassi?

bojana.jani@gmail.com

Thanks
Jani

Literally all the information you need if you just want to rip off the design is in his post already....
RMS65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 2:13pm
Sorry!
Sem naredil kaj narobe?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>