Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C 18SW115 enclosure design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 5:04pm
How much are you looking to spend per box total?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
RMS65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 6:23pm
For starters, I used two 8 Ohm bass.
Over time, however, he has two added.
I'll see how it will all take place.
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:31pm
RMS64: sorry, I don´t have a build plan. Only the info I already gave you. It´s not that hard to copy from that though.
I don´t really have any video of that one.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
RMS65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 11:12am
Originally posted by RMS65 RMS65 wrote:

Originally posted by Crashpc Crashpc wrote:

toastyghost: Yes, I´m aware. I was making a point towards size/SPL/range ratio, and TH isn´t going to break that either. I did Cubo 12 classic, and "superextended", and the second make might work in very hybrid, close to tapped horn mode. It didn´t  go low though.

RMS65:
I did quite compact bassreflex box with 18SW115, and it works very well.
http://www.picfront.org/d/9uHA - http://www.picfront.org/d/9uHA

It is 54*58*75cm large box made of baltic birch (15mm thick), bassreflex ports are triangular at each corner /16cm long on shorter sides of the triangle, 13cm space is left inside box towards the back wall for air to go in and out. It is tuned at 34,5Hz that way. Could be made 3-5cm shorter for more prominent bass notes. and possibly 2-3Hz higher tuning.

Hallo!
Thanks for the information.
It is possible to get a plan.
Do you have a video of how to play Bassi?

bojana.jani@gmail.com

Thanks
Jani
These dimensions are external or internal?
The width of 540mm, height 580mm, length 750mm
How long is the transition succeed? Vent / Port Length?
Port 160x160x vented? mm in

Thanks

Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 1:46pm
Outside dimensions. Ports are 16x16xwhatever left triangles. The lenght of those ports ends 13cm before back wall.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 12:45pm
@Crashpc

Did you already test the 21DS115?
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 9:28pm
Still in works, while 18SW115 leaves me next week, so I should hurry up, or I end up without audio.
I tested it in the 18SW115 development box, and it was promising. So with few Hz lower tune and 60l more box volume, I can only imagine it will get better. I specially appreciate what it could do under the vent tuning. It sill moved a lot of air without noise artifacts, and could vibrate everything around.
Depends on what are you after. It seems that these woofers rock for power density in compact boxes. Especially under 40Hz. There is no other 18" or 21" box type that would work better in the same volume. But 21" gets large fast when you want to use its potential, so I might think about something like 12" or 15" tapped horns for next years to come.

Edited by Crashpc - 28 April 2017 at 9:29pm
airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 9:10am
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

@Crashpc

Did you already test the 21DS115?

+1 also curious about the difference!Some news/updates?
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 7:51pm
Hey. The sub should be done today, and I'm getting it on sunday evening. S I hope there will be some fun soon. I'll report back.
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2017 at 6:14pm
Hey. Small teaser. The box is waiting to get home from the "factory".
http://www.picfront.org/d/9AQv

With some "padding, it's tuned slightly under 32Hz. Will measure at home what it can do with one or two ports stuffed with cloth... I'll propably make new thread about this as I don't want to exploit this one. Propanly ported boxes department..
JAckDR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAckDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 9:06pm
HI guys. I want to build a compact sub for professional use with an 18SW115. My idea was to create a similar sub type QSub. I was thinking of a box with a volume of 160 liters with triangular reflex tubes. The problem is the tuning frequency. Which frequency do you recommend to ensure good sound pressure like 133-134dB? I have to use it in the live field.
Thanks you so much!
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 6:42am
Hey. You don't want to milk one bassreflex subwoofer(driver) for steady output with this SPL. I'm not sure what Qsub thingie is...

The driver likes 34-40 Hz tuning.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>