Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

multiple power amps to crossover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vnaparam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: multiple power amps to crossover
    Posted: 28 October 2016 at 10:02am
hi gud day all,
what could be done if i have say 4 power amps for subs and 2 power amps fot my mid-his. Now, i have only 1 crossover2/3 way one at the back i see ch1 Low/mid/hi and same with Ch2..how would i connect the cables from my amps to my crossover? do i have to buy another crossover since there are already 8 speakon cables for my subs and 4 cables for my mid-hi?
i need some reply guys. tnx
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 12:28pm
list your equipment.... this will help greatly.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
vnaparam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vnaparam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 12:55pm
Equipts namely 4x mc12000 for subs, 2x mc 4000 for mid hi, 1x crossover 2/3 way, 1x eQ, 1x 8ch mixer

Edited by vnaparam - 28 October 2016 at 12:56pm
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 4:33pm
First thing you have to do is think in terms of signal flow, you are connecting the crossover to the amps not the other way around. Then it's becomes easy, low crossover output goes to the first amp and then the signal jumps from the first amp to the second, second to third, etc. Then you do the same with the mid amps, and the highs.

Edited by Conanski - 28 October 2016 at 4:35pm
vnaparam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vnaparam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 5:49pm
ok..what do u mean jump to the nxt amp? how is it being done then?
please shed a light for me
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 6:44pm
The xlr cables will come out of your crossover and go into the amp inputs then xlr from that amps outputs to the next amps inputs and so on, this will feed each amp linked the exact same signal,

vnaparam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vnaparam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 6:55pm
ok..that's pretty clear expl...thanks a lot!
 Post Reply Post Reply