Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GS3 to led

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 6:59pm

Ok,  first switch on and no bangs or fizzing.  I had it on really low to begin with.  I forgot how powerful the twin clay paky fans were..

This was half power after 3 or 4 minuites,  looking good

Steve20131 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 7:05pm
After 15 mins on full power it settled between 54.3 and 54.7.  Well pleased.  I expected early 60's and the ambient is around 19c so this is way cool.  Changing the leaf orientation and opening/blocking various air holes has worked really well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 7:11pm

Ok,  to take pics of the gobo's it had to go down to approx 1/3rd power, or the phone just blots out but it looks fine to my eyes and the colours are all of equal brightness

The waviness is the envelope it's shining on

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 7:20pm

The last one is open green on full gain.  It looks saturated green but the camera goes white.  It's very bright and fills the room green.  I might not be able to be back for a while but superb first results.  Also thanks for the ideas,  someone suggested a external pot which I put on to control brightness (I have ordered a logarithmic one) there's also a few other changes now I know the cooler works well.  

The light meter won't measure close up but will test more when I'm off next....
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 8:03pm
You're doing superb work here my friend... don't ever stop! 

I like you are paving the way for people to have a little stab at this themselves after watching this thread.

Keep up the good work.. even if there's a few weeks or months inbetween posts... I'll see be watching.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:52pm
Hi thanks.  I'll keep going,  most of the hard work is done,  just doing the same on other units..

4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Steve20131 Steve20131 wrote:

Hi thanks.  I'll keep going,  most of the hard work is done,  just doing the same on other units..

Indeed sir a top thread thank you for the edification 
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:31pm
Clap

Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 9:53am
You wouldn't be able to do the same with moving heads as sufficient cooling would be too heavy.  Hence why I chose scanners,  plus they move faster and have less problems.    Thanks for all the compliments.  I'm a total cheepskate,  which is why I'm so determined to make a permanant bulb.  Plus the arc ones have blown up before

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 9:55am
I also bought thermostats,  I may fit them because they are a good and cheap safety measure but in the end they were so cool it didnt need it
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 6:08pm
I am very keen to convert some old studio due mini city to led at present they run a 150watt hmi passive cooling, I was wondering how do you rate the cmy colour mixing using LED in your scans
and what would be the maximum power led one could use in such circumstances.. They get pretty hot after a few hours with the hmi and the thermal cutout is rated at 110c   https://www.10kused.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Studio-Due-MiniCity-150.jpg
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 6:45pm
in all honesty Ford, i'd sell those on as they are and get some IP rated LED units that mix colours additively. They will probably be cheaper than doing the conversion, certainly run cooler, more efficient in terms of power usage and more than likely a lot brighter.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>