Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wiring speaker to speakon ,help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wiring speaker to speakon ,help please
    Posted: 12 January 2017 at 3:36am
Hi All

I've built a bass cab and I need to wire the driver to the speakon connector at the cab's connectors port, I am using Neutrik NL4MP 4 pole which has 4 metal plates named 1+ , 1- , 2+ , 2-

The speaker cable has 2 wires only and I'm a bit confused on which of the speakon plates I have to wire these....

big thank

cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 4:38am

You can't polish a turd!
sicoroots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 5:21am
thank you for the diagram...I'm using one amp in bridge mode for one 600 W JBL 2226H 15" bass driver ( with same set up for a second cab ) which seems a simplified version of the diagram

based on the QSC amp manual , once bridged , I have to use use Channel 1 positive pole ( red ) to positive pole on the speaker /// Channel 2 positive pole to the negative ( black ) pole on the speaker.
this due to the bridging of the amp channels

up to here it all clear

I 'm a bit confused when it comes to wire amps output to speakon and driver to speakon on the box.
From what I am understanding I only have to use +1 ( as the positive pole ) and +2 ( as negative pole ) on the speakon plates...
sicoroots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 5:30am
so when I look at the wiring inside the cab I have ( connection port with 2 speakon ) :

+ pole from the driver going to +1 on one speakon

- pole from the driver going to +2 on the other speakon

from here I will connect the box to the bridged amp with a speakon cable where I will always use the +2 plate as the negative pole carrier and +1 as the positive pole.
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 9:52am
you will need to rewire the speakon end that goes into the amp.

+1/+2 on rmx amps from memory and keep the driver end normal +1/-1

Flick the appropriate switches on the back (bridge mode etc)

Turn up channel 1 pot to full and 2 to 0 or something similar 
sicoroots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by rosssss224 rosssss224 wrote:

you will need to rewire the speakon end that goes into the amp.

+1/+2 on rmx amps from memory and keep the driver end normal +1/-1

Flick the appropriate switches on the back (bridge mode etc)

Turn up channel 1 pot to full and 2 to 0 or something similar 

yes that is correct, after doing some reasearch online I found other people with same amp and set up. thank you for confirming this.
In my case I will have to use the above wiring diagram for one driver only and not two as illustrated.

The QSC amp I have ( MX1500a model ) doesn't have a speakon output port  but has regular screw nuts posts.
So I guess that I just need to get a cable that is speaker-end wired on +1/-1 poles and then use the CH1+ and CH2+ posts on the amp bridged in mono.
Amps manual also says to use only CH1 poles as input ( nothing into CH2 inputs ), turn ch2 gain all the way up and then use CH1 gain to regulate signal.

seems easier now that it was , thanks for all the replies
 Post Reply Post Reply