Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1210's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 5:16pm
I've bought two new 1200 mk2 for €1000,- in 2006, on heavy rotation, not single problem.
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

@ ken lol.... think I was a little older than boots got min when I was 15, still mint.

Another spoilt bugger! Can't say mine are mint. They got some real heavy use during the late 80s and the 90s.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 5:24pm
I worked all summer holidays that year, in a garden centre, saved every penny, had bugger all money to buy records lol... I had to wait till xmas to use em that year lol...
https://www.elements-audio.com
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

I worked all summer holidays that year, in a garden centre, saved every penny, had bugger all money to buy records lol... I had to wait till xmas to use em that year lol...

Fair dos Ben. Kinda like what I did to buy my first hi-fi aged 17 tho.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 7:34pm
There's a pair of brand new 1200GAE near me, I'm very tempted... and the 40 other 1200/1210 we own are currently one of our best investments thanks to the price bump!

Edited by toastyghost - 14 January 2017 at 7:34pm
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 7:41pm
i was 16 just started playin in local pubs & clubs then,,early 89 acid house era,.i knuw a mate ov a mate who could get discount from beaties & got it for 235 quid brand spankers in the box,,i had a leak turntable with pitch control so i was off then,,mixed ever since,.but it met its end when my brother chucked it down the stairs & put a pick axe hangle thruw my mixer wile i was smashin his room up,,all good fun,,not but me mom managed to claim off the house insurance & got it fixed at beaites,,it never worked propaly agen,,if i stoped the platter & span it backwards it would just spin backwards untill it hit full speed,,gave that one to a mate pissed up & sold me other one for 70quid to a mate who everntly topped hiself no fault ov the sl mind,.that had sum beating aswell,ther was a party once & somebody smash the daydo off the wall high ceiling type & the plaster crashed down on the deck,,the pitch conrtol never worked the same after that :( a bit lumpy & pitch was shot,..also from beaties about 6 months after the first,.lent um out too many times,& came back slighty worse every lend,.but they saw nuff partys so all good,. same as top rare imports records from don christies what never came back,the joys ov being a nieve 17yr old,.so thats was the end ov the sl's.....until me mate who has fads wanted to be a dj,10 years younger missed the boat kind ov dude,speed garage era,liked his charlie,,sweatin lol..he was a classic,.,he spent a few grand on tat off me & shit from hard 2 find,,cerwin vega speakers,amps,.all disco tat,.popped um in a few gigs,but i manged to get the new pd186's wot i told him to buy for my boxs i no longer wanted as i made scoops & he had 2 mint sl1200's...so i had a second bite ov the cake & gave him 300 quid on tick for the par,.so result,,them still in top nick,.Thumbs Up & not long after that he had 2 good con 1210's who i put me mate onto um & he sold um for 200 a pair,..but the sl's are still number one for me,.& csg,.im going to look into one ov them cartriges,,,.bet them new ones are a treat,,look even more solid then the first bunch,.all good & thers my sl story LOL
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 8:09pm
WowLOL, my 1200's have always spent most of their time tucked away in their flightcases away from harm. I'm actually thinking of selling them as they don't get used anymore, now may be a good time to sell it seems.Confused   

Edit, the above post reminds me of the pair of 1200's we used at one of my pub residencies years ago, one deck would only work on 33rpm and on the other the pitch control didn't work, you had to plan what you wanted to play well in advance!LOL Oh, and they had so much beer in/on them the cue lights were stuck in the up position.

Edited by njw - 14 January 2017 at 8:15pm
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 8:43pm
I could never afford a pair of Technics when I was a kid, mate got a pair of 1200s and a Numark mixer and showed me the way, I rented a pair of 1210s and spent the next 20 years dreaming of having a pair. Finally, after having Soundlabs, got a pair of vintage 1210s - which are still going strong.
Don't quite understand the current high prices but I would pay them instantly if I didn't have a pair.
Compared to all the immensely valuable sh!t that I have, I am still proud to finally have a pair of these decks - in a way it was a lifetime's ambition. Not cool really, surely it's the music that you play that counts.
S
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Sheggy Sheggy wrote:

I could never afford a pair of Technics when I was a kid, mate got a pair of 1200s and a Numark mixer and showed me the way, I rented a pair of 1210s and spent the next 20 years dreaming of having a pair. Finally, after having Soundlabs, got a pair of vintage 1210s - which are still going strong.
Don't quite understand the current high prices but I would pay them instantly if I didn't have a pair.
Compared to all the immensely valuable sh!t that I have, I am still proud to finally have a pair of these decks - in a way it was a lifetime's ambition. Not cool really, surely it's the music that you play that counts.
S

I was exactly the same, when I was about 13 I had a pair of belt drive Numarks which I kept for many years before I got my 1200's, at the same time my mate had a pair of direct drive Numarks and they were on a different level compared to my crappy belt drives but then another mate had a pair of 1210's, he was like a god, even if people didn't know his name they knew he was the guy with the 1210's!LOL  
 Sort of ironically I bought my mates direct drive Numarks off him just after buying my 1200's (I didn't need them but he needed cashWink) and despite being way better than my old belt drives the Technics obviously shat all over them from a great height. I am also very proud to own my 1200's and would be gutted if I did let them go but I can't remember the last time I actually took the lids off the flightcases and I need a new set of cd players....... 

Edited by njw - 14 January 2017 at 9:35pm
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 12:04am
When I was younger, the thing we all dreamed of owning back in the 90's was a pair of 1210's and an intimidation blue? Mixer I think it was. So even years later, I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I eventually got my 1210's that I still have and use to this day. I've had them about 15 years now, and they were secondhand when I got them.
I also bought a 1200 a good while back for about £60 I think it was. The poor thing had clearly had a very hard life, and was in need of a total strip down and thorough cleaning and some nice new parts from the Panasonic trade spares account at work. It now takes pride of place on my hifi.

100% Earth Moving Bass
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 12:28am
i had an indimidation blue! it was crap really. kill switches were fun at the time. it was weird though.. it summed the inputs, had a single mono balanced out, but the pans still worked. weird mixer. mine ended up pretty frankenstined will all sorts of scavenged pots soldered in to replace the ones that failed and stuff. good times.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 1:27am
Had a look on google,and yes it was indeed an intimidation blue. I remember it was in the DJ magazines at the time and that was what me and a couple of mates all wanted. I don't remember why, I think it was just the way it looked.
I just looked and the rear panel view, see what you mean about its odd rear connections with just the single XLR output. Never seen anything like that before, wonder why they did that?
100% Earth Moving Bass
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>