Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

void stasys x v1 amp choice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: void stasys x v1 amp choice?
    Posted: 04 February 2017 at 7:34pm
what would people suggest for a pair of stasys x v1s? I have an e45 already and only just got the stasys (waiting for two drivers to get reconed) best options? best way to set them up?
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 9:39pm
the cabs are rated at 3200 rms so you'd just get away with bridging the e45 on one cab and maybe get another for the other one
or you might be better off looking for a powersoft k20 or the like that can handle the cab one per channel and keep the e45 for your tops
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
Shadrack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 11:19pm
On the void website it says 3200 w power handling but on the manual it says 2800w rms, e 45 is 2500w at 4 ohm
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 10:45am
Power Handling.

Cone versions:

Ceramic: 2400AES
Neo V1: 2800AES (these get warm so check you hve the heat sinks with the fins on the inside).
Neo V2: 3200AES (no heat sinks atle).

If you are using them 1 aside on there end, half those power ratings. The warm air gwts stuck in the top chember and it becomes easy to overheat the driver.

I used PKN XE6000 on mine, 6 years no problems.

Edited: typos

Edited by Speaker Sol - 05 February 2017 at 10:53am
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 10:49am
The 3200w v2 is a different box. Different size and all. They all really come alive with proper juice you'll need an E90 if you're sticking MC2, or they do sound good on an FFA10K. Powersoft K20 or Infinite 8v2 are the pro choice though.

Edited by toastyghost - 05 February 2017 at 10:50am
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 10:55am
There are Stasys X v1 that are loaded with 3200w drivers. Same box.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 11:55am
Can anyone date/version the cab by the design of the front ports?
Shadrack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 6:59pm
thanks for your replys, how can i find out which one they are? they have the fins on inside of the access panel! ill post a picture up, there in abit of a state atm so i want to restore them back to how they are meant to be :) 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

And those are after market mods not remotely official or frankly, a great idea.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 11:44pm
They came new from void.

Now they where not mine so i dont have all the details.
But they had no heat sinks and different drivers.

Maybe i am wrong about the power rating of the drivers. I was told by the guy that they where not the same as the neos in his other bins.

Edited by Speaker Sol - 05 February 2017 at 11:47pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 11:57pm
Also pretty sure I enquired about these cones at some point but was told the bolt pattern was different. Can't find email now though and don't remember the details.

Meh anyway there is definitely more than one type of Stasys X v1 neo driver out there.
Liteworks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liteworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

And those are after market mods not remotely official or frankly, a great idea.

The last few v1's Void made don't have heatsinks on the back and are loaded with what look like (or are similar... I haven't ever compared them directly) to the drivers in the v2's. They are NOT after-market mod's, my pair came directly from Void, Brian mentioned the newer drivers cool sufficiently not to require the heatsink when I enquired once (as they were different from the rest of the v1's I had at the time..)

Looking for a new home incidently if anyone is after another pair, to many v2's to need to keep them...

Ampwise I would go for something like a QSC PL380 on the more budget end (I prefer the sound to a lot of other choices, but they are not powerful enough to get the most out of a Stasys X, does a good job still mind!), V9 / K20 if you've got the funds for, to get the most out of.  But as I'd stick with your e45 unless you find it's lacking...

m

Edited by Liteworks - 09 February 2017 at 9:57pm
www.Lite-Works.co.uk

My Kettle is 2000w! why isn't it very loud??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>