Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget amps - part3, 4.... 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 10:22am
Don't know why you would want to buy a cheep amp and want to do anything under 4ohms the week point is the psu but 12 month warranty and 1 went down Saturday I received a brand new by Monday can't complain about 2 years agoI used 6 pd 1850 on a pl9 for a test 63 amp single phase pl9 kept Chipping out the breaker switched to the pas amp and was clearly louder people are still talking about that day now in Manchester as it completely drowned out 2 well known sounds for around 60 metres away
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 12:26pm
Wouldn't buy lab copy to do 2 ohm, just saying K20 party piece is performance on 2 ohm.

Sounds like you have plenty experience with the lab copies, which is useful.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 1:08pm
Ordered last night, arrived this morning, wasnt expecting that to be fair
OK... its 'cheap' inside (as I would expect, this has cost a meal for 4!) but it is running x9 Toshiba 2SC5200 & Toshiba 2SA1943 per side 
Just sorting out a pic upload and I will update this
I know I am nowhere near anything you guys do, just dabbing my toes in the water to see if I enjoy the experience before throwing money at it

Edit... created this as a link as the pic is quite large https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay14zwuaxi1497k/APB2700.jpg?dl=0 

Edited by IainB - 09 February 2017 at 2:02pm
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 4:27pm
Also my channel 1 have a rack full ain't heard of them breakdown yet and they sound the most hifi out of all the big sounds in my humble option !
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

Ordered last night, arrived this morning, wasnt expecting that to be fair
OK... its 'cheap' inside (as I would expect, this has cost a meal for 4!) but it is running x9 Toshiba 2SC5200 & Toshiba 2SA1943 per side 
Just sorting out a pic upload and I will update this
I know I am nowhere near anything you guys do, just dabbing my toes in the water to see if I enjoy the experience before throwing money at it

Edit... created this as a link as the pic is quite large https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay14zwuaxi1497k/APB2700.jpg?dl=0 

Cool.  Right, you got yours, where do we get them?Big smile
It's everything, not everythink!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 7:45pm
Yes,ditto what Lev says,cheapest i can find them online is £362?
Be seeing you.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:15pm
Its from CPC/Farnell - though they are showing at a higher price now? Need to dig the catalogue out and see if I had a promo link or something.
Im intending to run the Dare DC600s on this @ 8Ohm (Beyma G450 loaded) just need the neighbours to go out so I can see what it sounds like.
Which leads me onto...is there is anyone local to me (welwyn garden city) that I could bring the amp to for more scientific tests, just to see what its capable of?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:18pm
That is the Farnell price,362 inc VAT.
Be seeing you.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:24pm
Dragged the catalogue out... try this DP3350935 Wink
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:42pm
That worked. Ordered one.  Ta.

IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

That worked. Ordered one.  Ta.

Hmm.... maybe I should get another, just in case... LOL
I wont be using mine properly until the 1st April, really interested in how anyone gets on with these under harder conditions than I can drive with my setup.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:04pm
There are hundreds of people who use stuff like this weekly. It has warranty and will sell for that price on Gumtree in a years time. Amp forum is a bit like scoop forum, will it do crazy sub into 1500w drivers, no of course it wont. I had a similar experience recently with TWO Quad 1800w install amps, built like a Chinese tank and run cool as ice at 4r bridge on NORMAL PA disco duty, no pre amp etc.
They weigh a ton and cost £180 the pair.  Sheep want lightweights, keep your eyes peeled and more stuff will turn up like this as they get stuck on shelves.

Now what we need please Mr God is a wholesaler with a load of SAE 1450 (or similar) that doesn't know what they are and thinks they are too heavyBig smile

Edited by nickyburnell - 09 February 2017 at 9:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>