Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget amps - part3, 4.... 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 1:11pm
Ive been using one of my APB2700s, but havent pushed it and its only been at 8ohm Embarrassed
Last time I tried to use the code I got a pop up saying the promo had finished lol but now avidly go through the catalogue hoping they clear the lower models out.
Would also love to hear from someone who has given these a proper workout
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 1:22pm
one of mine has exploded and the other was DOA no left channel.

LOL
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 1:33pm
wow really?

what were the circumstances of the explosion?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:17pm
exploded amp worked for a night powering some bins, no problems
powered up at home (friends house) and the fuse in the rear of the amp went pop
replaced fuse, more popping inside the amp, fuse not blown this time (yes did replace like for like with quick blow etc)

other one worked fine on 1 side, and still continues to do so

i think the problem is actually related to the electricity supply at the house it was tested, either that, or the chap that lives there is just unfortunate, as amps keep blowing seemingly when doing nothing, sometimes without having anything connected

anyway they'll take a trip to kevin when i can find the time :)

(PS, was very pleased with performance when they worked)
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:04pm
hmmmmm lol so a mixed thing here, the one that was doa should realy be repaired under warranty by the seller, but the one blowing up at a house lol errrrr either they aint reliable or the house has some serious issues if its blowing amps on the regular 
im realy hoping these turn out to be half decent and i can accidently get my hands on a pair lol
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:08pm
bought them from someone here, and could send them to CPC but it's likely they'll just refund rather than repair, as they can't replace them due to not having any left. will see what kevin says!
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:21pm
damn lol
not so great that they lasted such a short time though :-/
looks like tamp2400 it is then
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 8:28pm
Had my 2100 out a few times running 2.6R on bass (a 4R and 8R 18" reflex per channel), nothing too demanding, just a few pub gigs. To be fair the amp has performed really well, I haven't pushed it hard but the main reason for that is that I haven't had too, for Saturday night pub gigs with four 18's hung off it, it had more than enough grunt, it barely got warm to be honest. The only slight issue I've noticed is that if it isn't used for a few weeks there is no sound from channel B unless you stick a load of signal through it and then it suddenly pops into life. I suspect a sticky relay but it hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about it.
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 10:48pm
Two 2700s, not used in anger. A couple of hour's burn in at low levels didn't reveal any issues.

Had to build a new amp rack for the heavy buggers...
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:47am
I got a friend to buy 2 for me. One arrived with with 1 dead channel and went straight back for repair, which didn´t happen, just got a refund. The other is fine. I haven´t used it in anger yet, but first thrashed it on a 4 ohm dummy load for a couple of hours, then on a couple of bins in the workshop.

Given the price, I dodn´t think you can expect it to be a top quality amp, but good when used within it´s limits.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:37pm
Interesting that three of us have mentioned a problem with (at least) one channel. Confused
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Interesting that three of us have mentioned a problem with (at least) one channel. Confused

I still havent unboxed 2 of mine, think that will be a job for tomorrow Shocked need them both working in a months time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>