Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Led Moving Heads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Led Moving Heads
    Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:29pm
Looking for recommendations, we're after adding 4 led moving heads to our lighting this year.

Been looking at the iSolution iMove 350sr's online, does anyone have any experience with them/other recommendations.

Ideally looking at between £5-600 per head so these seam to fit the bill rather well.

Cheers

Smile
Jasonstry View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonstry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 2:05pm
The X50+ from Thomann is seriously good value at the price. I have 10 of them. Cheap enough to get a spare or two since you have the budget!

Down with signatures!
aziz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 2:42pm
How's the fan noise from the x50, a friend of mine has a couple of the x25s in his venue and every time I walk in I can hear them straight away, and that's over a pile of old Martin 250s,500s and 918s
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 7:03pm
If you buy cheap make sure it has the 3 year warranty.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 5:34pm
Also, if you buy expensive, make sure it has the 3 year warranty. That sh*t breaks too and is usually more costly to fix!
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Stretch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 7:01pm
I was already looking at warranties as part of the comparison.

if we could we would be going for Robe, or Martin heads but there a fair bit out of the current budget.

There doesn't seem to be many in the mid price range. The isolutions seem to be one with a higher spec for the price before moving up to the equinox but then they are not necessarily as fully featured your just paying for the up-rated led light source from what I can tell.
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 2:30am
The chauvet rogue range are worth a look, as are the Italian designed Chinese made Prolights range, distributed by AC lighting. Solidly built, good parts access, cheaper than your martin / robe options, I would call them mid range
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 4:17am
Totally agree with James here, we bought a bunch of Rogue and they're really damn good even ignoring the low price tag. We also install Prolights and that kit is also very nice. Their Polar strobe range are very nice, as are their smaller movers. Call AC for pricing on both of those.

The ones you're looking at do the job but the colours are really garish, gobos have some very cheesy icons and they aren't that fast. You can do a lot better if you stretch a little more cash.

Edited by toastyghost - 02 March 2017 at 4:23am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 7:50am
The Chauvet R2 wash is a cracking little fixture, currently got 20 in the bonobo rig, zone control, fantastic colour mixing, just need to run them in dimmer type - s curve and colour speed - fast.
We are also carrying 18 chauvet R1 FXB, which is a 'magic blade' type fixture, but with individual tilt on each of the 5 cells.

You coming tonight Kyle?
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 1:16pm
Has anyone done a half decent Pointe copy?
I'm looking at some XMLite units currently (small ones) which seem phenomenal value for occasional use. Like cheaper than Sharpy copy prices...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 3:16pm
Chauvet Rogue RH1 Hybrid? Not played with them myself but worth a look.

Looked at the Maverick / Axiom / Mythos hybrids, but am holding out for a super pointe....
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 5:03pm
Lol, £3k for the Hybrid
No doubt an excellent fixture though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>