Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show us your Pre-Amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 85>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 1:05am
nice :)
LIGWA View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIGWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 11:15am
Originally posted by LIGWA LIGWA wrote:

Hi SP
I am just writing a spec sheet & manual now Ouch doing my head in but will post it in a few days 

manual finished now Smile
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 12:17pm
A pre amp with labels for the knobs AND a manual? That's not very roots and cultureā€¦
LIGWA View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIGWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

A pre amp with labels for the knobs AND a manual? That's not very roots and cultureā€¦
Please Explain what is roots and Culture
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by S&P S&P wrote:

Originally posted by app app wrote:

May I ask what are the crossover points in your preamp?

Like your speakers tooBig smile

85/200/1500/5k in mine but can be modded to anyones requirements.  The 1500and 5k extend through to full range.

What do you guys think are the ideal crossover points for operating 3way?

Ive tested everything from about 2k to 6k 3way. Bass to about 140hz.

Im not talking about the frequencies to match the speakers as my ghettopre is just for operating,Im goin out fullrange from my mixer.

What do you think. I think that everything from 2k to 6k as the midrange is nice,sounds a bit different with every setting thou.

I think its a matter of taste basically. Or is it?Big smile

There are different views of what is midrange too...
"what!?"
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 5:48pm
I'd say around 4 or 5K, for operating rather than to suit speakers.. it's interesting App- a subject I've thought about myself.. when I built my pre I set the crossover points to suit the speakers.. I've since decided to set the points where I want them from an operating point of view and to re-do the speaker to work with the pre..
Reverence Sound system

app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by dj jammin dj jammin wrote:

I'd say around 4 or 5K, for operating rather than to suit speakers.. it's interesting App- a subject I've thought about myself.. when I built my pre I set the crossover points to suit the speakers.. I've since decided to set the points where I want them from an operating point of view and to re-do the speaker to work with the pre..

Yeah! I think theres a difference in how "sensitive" the controls are when comparing for example 2,5k vs 4,5k. Atleast in my "preamp". It seems that 4,5k setup is much more sensitive when boosting highs but 2,5k setup is more "sensitive" in the midrange. Its all about the frequencies boosted of course.

Anyway I think its good to experiment with different setups. Its not necessary to use same crossover points as tubbys and mostec.

Interesting that you have thought about the same thing.

edit. What slope do you have in your pre. My EV crossover has 18db bw.

edit2. This has been useful to me in many ways http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm

Edited by app - 04 January 2016 at 6:35pm
"what!?"
cleanlivin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanlivin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 8:08pm
Has anyone used Dub sonic's DubMaster preamp?

Looks great and have seen a few videos from his youtube page. Considering purchasing a preamp from one of the handful of builders sometime this year. Anyone got any reviews or comments about this particular preamp?

Man Koka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Koka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 10:24pm

`

Sold

Edited by Man Koka - 14 February 2016 at 2:26pm
duppy conqueror View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duppy conqueror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 11:20am
not mine. tesfa sound sweden. pictures from  http://alltribeswelcomespics.tumblr.com/ - http://alltribeswelcomespics.tumblr.com/

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 9:04pm
They must've dropped serious cash on the metalwork.... Shocked

Originally posted by duppy conqueror duppy conqueror wrote:

not mine. tesfa sound sweden. pictures from  http://alltribeswelcomespics.tumblr.com/ - http://alltribeswelcomespics.tumblr.com/

wiz247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 11:15pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wow! Digging the layout.
Just imagine what its going to look like when it's finished, looks a bit of a beast as it is now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 85>