Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TH-18 build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:14pm
Also handy to know.. measurements was outside.
Approximally 40m from a (busy road).
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

My experience of airless sprayers is that they will not siphon thick heavy paint,  i do have one that is sold as a plaster sprayer but it is hard to get a consistent texture with it.  I would say buy a compressor and pressure pot and gun.

Easier and better if you only have a couple of cabs to do is: u pol raptor truck bed liner and buy the gun with it. Not cheap but then you only have to buy a compressor. No pot needed plus you get a two part solvent paint finish. 
In bass no one can hear you scream!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 8:28am
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Before starting a whole new topic..
I currently started testing (and doing some measurements) with the new set up, I'm now confronted with a new problem Shocked 

Set up:
4X Hybrid sub
2X C7 like top

Today I did some testing and managed to do a few measurements (with REW).
Between 600 and 1kHz there is clearly some trouble, there are also about 3 phase wraps at that point.
I self think this problem is caused by the rather big horn on de compression driver (BMS 4554 and XR1464). Low-mid is covered by a BMS 15S320. At this pic there is some EQ on the setup, I was stupid enough to NOT save the other measurements, but they al have the same problem at the give frequency.

Distance from cabinet: 2m
Hight of measurement: ~1,70m (stacked on two subs)

I know this one pic is not really usefull to get some conclusions, but maybe somebody already encountered this problem.

This is a common problem with boxes that have coaxially mounted HF. Reflections from the HF horn back is what is causing those dips.
Solution is to either use different HF driver that you can cut lower (ideally at around 600Hz) or you can try and attach some sort of foam (sponge) at the back of the HF horn and lower the reflections.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Before starting a whole new topic..
I currently started testing (and doing some measurements) with the new set up, I'm now confronted with a new problem Shocked 

Set up:
4X Hybrid sub
2X C7 like top

Today I did some testing and managed to do a few measurements (with REW).
Between 600 and 1kHz there is clearly some trouble, there are also about 3 phase wraps at that point.
I self think this problem is caused by the rather big horn on de compression driver (BMS 4554 and XR1464). Low-mid is covered by a BMS 15S320. At this pic there is some EQ on the setup, I was stupid enough to NOT save the other measurements, but they al have the same problem at the give frequency.

Distance from cabinet: 2m
Hight of measurement: ~1,70m (stacked on two subs)

I know this one pic is not really usefull to get some conclusions, but maybe somebody already encountered this problem.

I love C7 top but what you have described makes sense. I always thought they got a little, "stressed" but didn't think it was actual distortion. Thanks :)
It's everything, not everythink!
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 12:13pm
I don't know if D&B uses any foam or something, but looking at some pics of the D&B cabinet, they use a smaller horn. So that would also help to reduce reflections.

I'm currently thinking of switching the hi driver with something like a Faital pro HF146.
RMS65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:09pm
Hi!
I use TH 18 for two years.
Most outdoors, as well as in larger halls. This year I made two more CUBO18.
In TH18 I have Faital pro 1500lx 8ohm for CUBO18 Faith 18HP1022 8ohm.
They both get along well together. Music is played live and both basses work nicely.
It's powered by the FP14000.
For satellites I use T24N with built-in B & C drivers. HF D800 and LF 12NDL76.
It aims to produce two more TH18, but I do not know which drivers to use.
I am afraid I will have to buy all new ones, because 1500lx is no longer on sale.

Jani
zombidj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zombidj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2018 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by RMS65 RMS65 wrote:

Hi!
I use TH 18 for two years.
Most outdoors, as well as in larger halls. This year I made two more CUBO18.
In TH18 I have Faital pro 1500lx 8ohm for CUBO18 Faith 18HP1022 8ohm.
They both get along well together. Music is played live and both basses work nicely.
It's powered by the FP14000.
For satellites I use T24N with built-in B & C drivers. HF D800 and LF 12NDL76.
It aims to produce two more TH18, but I do not know which drivers to use.
I am afraid I will have to buy all new ones, because 1500lx is no longer on sale.

Jani

hello the components of the t24n are the originals that the box brings?
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2018 at 9:07am
As far as I know, the original T24(n) uses 18sound components.
RMS65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2018 at 12:19pm
https://www.twaudio.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/TW_AUDiO_T24N_Tests_Production_Partner_Reprint_T24N_EN.pdf
RMS65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMS65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2018 at 2:46pm
https://www.twaudio.de/?s=T24N+test
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2018 at 1:49pm
Update about the coax top:

It's definately not a timing problem, I measured the 15 and high driver seperately, and the problem is still there. Also using some foam to dampen the soundwaves from the 15 doesn't have allot of effect.

I maybe can get the BMS 4595 pretty cheap, so I'm looking at some suitable horns.
I planning on using a throatadapter with the 4595, does anyone have experience with the 2" P-audio horns? (PH-942, PH-642).
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2018 at 8:30pm
New toy for next week Smile

First measurements will be done with the 18sound XR1464, after that the RCF HF950
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>