Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TH-18 build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 4:36pm
With some eq on a polemount:

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 12:58am
If i were you, i would use 24db/oct BW. Not 12. It will require reversing polarity on the hf too.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2017 at 1:15pm
I'm also still looking for nice professional grill's, but they are indeed hard to get.
Does anyone have a nice adress? I'm looking for honey cone cutouts (or round if not possible).

The plan is to have te same grill for the TH-18 and the mid/high.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

Time alignment possibly? Found this to be an issue with the tham 12.

That was my first though also, but time being limited I couldn't get it right.
Now I am really hoping to have some time for the mid/high's. 
At the moment the "to-do-list" is VEEEEERRRRRYYY long LOL

Getting some training at time and phase alignment is on of them! This goal of the project is to have a nice sounding system, and I am also confident that can be doable. Ofcourse I have to learn lots of things, but that is never a bad thing!

Timo Beckman has a new course starting soon I believe.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

I'm also still looking for nice professional grill's, but they are indeed hard to get.
Does anyone have a nice adress? I'm looking for honey cone cutouts (or round if not possible).

The plan is to have te same grill for the TH-18 and the mid/high.

Raabe
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 11:09am
@all bass

Thanks for the link!Wink

I also had some time to do a outside measurement, but couldn't do al the things I wanted to do..

They sound much better already, next step will be measuring them with the TH18's.
After that (will take some time)  a SMAART course by probably Timo Beckman.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 7:12pm
I also started with designing a dual 15 cab for on top of the TH18 or only with the mid-highs.
It has tot have a small frontal area (as wide as the TH18) so 571x571 is the target.

I simulated it as a reflex cab, but I can imagine that there can be a bandpass effect?
Cab is tuned at 43 Hz, and I am planning to go with a push pull configuration.

Topview:

(line's are a little bit crooked because of the conversion by dropbox)

This is still a quick sketch and with this arrangement, it will be a little hard with fitting the drivers.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 7:50pm
There will be a small peak corresponding to the depth of the cavity, probably around 160hz~180hz.
djk
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 9:16pm
I think that depending on the requncy range you are planning for the mid range cab the slot loading will add a peak just where you dont want it.
I cant help thinking that a more gentle angle might work better like a manifold speaker loading (an inverted piramid baffle with the 2  15inch drivers on opposing sides of the piramid)
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 10:25pm
"I think that depending on the requncy range you are planning for the mid range cab the slot loading will add a peak just where you dont want it."

So all Cubo subs are junk?

Do you not own an EQ?

The peak is less than what you will see on a small folded horn (or a Cubo).

Edited by _djk_ - 03 October 2017 at 10:25pm
djk
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 12:35pm
The range will be 40/45 ish to 140/150 ish. 
Maybe get rid of the two front parts that are 10 cm wide, then the slot will be a little bit shorter.

gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 1:45pm
Dont Cubos play everything "on the same note"?

If front is square you could place ports horizontaly and speakers vertically if they dont fit. Or use tube ports.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>