Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are Funktion one starting to get lazy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 11:38pm
I don't think you can get 32ohm version of the shelf
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 1:31am
Who f**king cares the Evo boxes sound like shit anyway and are "free party" friendly in that they have no fly points and will never go on a tour....

funktion is res4/5/9 and bins, end of.....

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 1:43am
They launched the T versions last year at Messe, in black, with grilles and full flying hardware
osse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 5:03am
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

Who f**king cares the Evo boxes sound like shit anyway and are "free party" friendly in that they have no fly points and will never go on a tour....

funktion is res4/5/9 and bins, end of.....

Amen.

The most brutal well balanced dance stack I've encountered contained res. 5 and a swarm of f221

Only heard Evo. 6 once, could very well be an user error but it was not very good, and wayyyyy too narrow dispersion for one box a side.. but can't blame f1 for that!
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 6:23am
The best iv heard is a dancestack 1. The ds15 kickbin sounds really good. To me its way better for house and tech then resolution. Could be user error tho. Never heard evo. Not sure anyone in perth has it.
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 8:35am
Res5 setup properly on techno Hug
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 8:54am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Yeah, and at 5k a box the development pennies would have been recouped in no time.

Developed many products have you?

No, but I can add up and understand enough to know that it ain't line array which does cost a bomb to develop. It's a speaker, Mykey developed horns in a yard in Indonesia. F1 is British and I love them for it, good luck to them getting 5k a box, they do and get richer.
It's everything, not everythink!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 10:57am
And there is only so much you can do with a box.

You only have to look at the diverse range of shapes and sizes, with or without phase bungs.

There are lots of boxes that sound nice. All different.

So you don't think a lot of the R and D was done in the Turbo days then???? I think it probably was and would be stupid not to.
In bass no one can hear you scream!
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 11:03am
I don't think £5k a box is unreasonable when you have to support a global distribution network of spares and support plus all the logistics. Running that with knowledgeable staff and supporting future RnD is not cheap. Plus the list price is just a start point for negotiations and you are buying into the dealer support at the same time as buying new. It's a business decision and people would not do it if they couldn't make their business run afterwards. Just like anything else they are a depreciating asset that one day will be sold to recoup 50% of the initial purchase price anyway.

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 11:45am

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Yeah, and at 5k a box the development pennies would have been recouped in no time.

Developed many products have you?

No, but I can add up and understand enough to know that it ain't line array which does cost a bomb to develop. It's a speaker, Mykey developed horns in a yard in Indonesia. F1 is British and I love them for it, good luck to them getting 5k a box, they do and get richer.

Okay so can you come do a job for me, I'll cover only your costs
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 12:57pm
Res 9 FTW ..... best dance mid / top they've made yet.

I have my hands on some Evo 7t here in Aus.... still not impressed though, just seems the same as a Res 5 with a bit of refinement and horsepower.

Kyles barking up the right tree with his Jerichos...

.p.

Edited by Phil B - 16 March 2017 at 12:57pm
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 2:06pm
The measurements of Production Partner indicate it is a well designed box.  Btw, you guys could just take a look at them instead of repeating hearsay...
The rest is down to the person setting it up. I have heard great Funktion (Berghain, Eastern Electrix etc.) and i have heard them sound as poor as 500€ active speakers.
Same for every other Brand. I have heard poor Void, Turbo, Lacoustics and so on aswell...

Oh btw, imo the Evo is 95% identical to a Res 3 SH?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>