Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are Funktion one starting to get lazy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by corell corell wrote:

The measurements of Production Partner indicate it is a well designed box.  Btw, you guys could just take a look at them instead of repeating hearsay...
The rest is down to the person setting it up. I have heard great Funktion (Berghain, Eastern Electrix etc.) and i have heard them sound as poor as 500€ active speakers.
Same for every other Brand. I have heard poor Void, Turbo, Lacoustics and so on aswell...

Oh btw, imo the Evo is 95% identical to a Res 3 SH?!

Res 3 EVO was named that for a reason.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 8:25pm
I love my res3sh ( Evo)s
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

I can just laugh at Funktion One, I think they will go bankrupt one day, I see stacks of res 5 being sold for pennies and also F121. Some guys I know ditched F1 and got some other stuff. I also see more people/event promoters choosing turbosound flash rather than F1.  I honestly think it's only a matter of time that F1 will put them selves out of the market. A few years ago they seemed very popular but now a days not really anymore. The bubble  bursted.

I can only laugh at this your statement really...
Please provide me some links where F121 is sold for pennies I would like to buy more of them.
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Marko Marko wrote:

Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

I can just laugh at Funktion One, I think they will go bankrupt one day, I see stacks of res 5 being sold for pennies and also F121. Some guys I know ditched F1 and got some other stuff. I also see more people/event promoters choosing turbosound flash rather than F1.  I honestly think it's only a matter of time that F1 will put them selves out of the market. A few years ago they seemed very popular but now a days not really anymore. The bubble  bursted.

I can only laugh at this your statement really...
Please provide me some links where F121 is sold for pennies I would like to buy more of them.

Et, voila ;) 
We need more SPL!
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:23pm
I see lab horns going for that price, okay maybe that is overpriced but still. Funktion one is just inflated outdated shit hahahhahha. Sorry to bust your bubble!! There is no more business model in it :) 
We need more SPL!
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:26pm
EVO 6 cost less than 5k and its a list price and nobody pays list price.
Spare HF driver does not cost 3x. Actually it costs almost the same as on some web shops.

Why constant bashing of Funktion one on this forum from some users???

I dont get it?? What do you think are drivers costs in Void, Martin, DB, Lacoustics, etc. etc.

99% of manufacturers use off the shelf HF drivers.
Cone drivers are customized.
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:30pm
Im starting to get the feeling that Dutchman doesn't like F1 very much LOL
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:36pm
Ok sorry guys maybe I don't like F1 too much but I just can't stand the behaviour of some F1 owners. I heard F1 sound good but the marketing behind is just too psychological. Ask any drug head something about PA Sound and they will mention F1. I like L'acoustics, D&B, Meyer a lot more :). 

Anyway, just my 2 cents, enough with bashing F1, everybody should buy what they think is good sounding and has good business model :). 
We need more SPL!
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:41pm
http://www.gearsourceeurope.com/catalog/listing/96250

Look at this. Arcs goes for less than 1000 EUR.

Its how this goes. You buy a lot, get a good price, earn money with it and sell it later.
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:46pm
True, but you must also buy LA4 or LA8 or LA12 and SB28. And ARCS I is outdated to ARCS II. But I get your point. In my opinion , funktion one is just getting more free party friendly, a free party crew would never buy l'acoustics. 
We need more SPL!
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 10:01pm
Maybe that is the situation in your area.
Take a look at these two recent instalations...
http://www.funktion-one.com/news/rejuvenated-new-daisy-theatre-powered-by-funktion-one-sound/
http://www.funktion-one.com/news/mondodr-magazine-krasnodar-stadium/

I guess that you come from electronic music world where lots of people use F1 and by default some of them will sound bad because of all sorts of reasons.
Proper setup will always sound really good!

Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 10:17pm
I have heard many times set ups inside and outside F1 of the official distrubotor of Belgium. Sometimes it was good but not wow, I just don't like the monotone sound of the BPH subs and the MC2 amplifiers. But sound is subjective so yeah if you like it , what can I say against it? The future will point out what wil happen, i'm curious .
We need more SPL!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>