Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are Funktion one starting to get lazy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daavneeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 12:05am
What do you use dutchman?
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

I have heard many times set ups inside and outside F1 of the official distrubotor of Belgium. Sometimes it was good but not wow, I just don't like the monotone sound of the BPH subs and the MC2 amplifiers. But sound is subjective so yeah if you like it , what can I say against it? The future will point out what wil happen, i'm curious .

Yes, sound quality is very subjective although we all know and could agree what good sound needs to sound. This is one interesting fact.

Some people prefer BPH tight sound in comparasion with bassreflex.

But to assume that some company will go bankrupt just because you dont like their products or dont like users of their products is little bit ridiculous.

The crew behind Funktion one is really passionate about sound and money is definitely not their primary concern. This you can not say about some other companies that I dont want to name here right now, yet nobody bashes their products how expensive they are.
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Marko Marko wrote:

The crew behind Funktion one is really passionate about sound and money is definitely not their primary concern.

Well if that is still the case, they are very good at hiding it...
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 3:05am
Personally

I can drive Funktion 1.

I was here when the phase plots for the first FK1 box (Floodlight) were made in my mate's warehouse on Rookcross lane.

I did the first FK1 install in the UK

I can make it sing.

I use good amps, I understand processors and i listen with my ears, not some shoddy software that hasn't ever down a tour.

But my earlier comment about Evo being "free party" optimised stands.

Vero will never see light in the UK as it is just too lumpy, pricks doing small gigs with Flash need culling...

But if you can't make res 4/5/9 (even 2 on small scale) sing please commit suicide and cleanse this forum.

RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 3:29am
This entire thread just stinks of 'I wanted a job and lost it to someone that did it better than me even though I don't care to admit it'...

Funktion1 is a business... if the majority of their customer base is rich kids spending daddies money so they can get chang'ed off their heads in the 'barn'' at the end of the estate then why offer features or quality they will never need to access?!

To pick at the other of the two big names in the U.K. club scene at the moment, I have seen equally varying reports on the quality of Void. Reports that are equally dependent on the skills of the operators, the knowledge of the reporter, the acoustics of the venue and how off their tits any relevant persons are as any speaker system would be...
Sim=bient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sim=bient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 6:29pm
Old thread I know but this needs saying just to get it off my chest.

Subjectively to my ears, floods and some F1 sound 'much' better and more enjoyable to listen to music through  then pretty much every d&b and martin line array I listened on last years festival circuit, including 
MLA multi cellular. 

I don't know if there's something wrong with me but I'm just not feeling any audio magic love out of these systems at all. 

I will say the l acoustics rigs at womad sounded pretty fine but I prefer my floods. 

I wish Andrews would use that development knowledge to bring out something pragmatic that's neither Nero or F1, though unlike plenty of whiners I can mix a live band on either F1 or floods quite happily all day and night. 

Soz 
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 6:47pm
I've still yet to hear an F1 rig that I liked the sound of... but that's probably not the fault of F1.

To (kind of) paraphrase what Shag said... If you kicked Lewis Hamilton out of his Mercedes and put me in it instead, I would cause absolute carnage because I'm not an F1 driver. And I'd imagine Lewis would make my F2 rig sound terrible!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
daavneeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daavneeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2018 at 3:43pm
Clap @snagnasty

Edited by daavneeq - 22 June 2018 at 3:44pm
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 4:16pm
whenever i've heard Fk1 from a decent provider (like Glade area at Glasto) or with tony himself at the helm its been superb. Majority of cases its been a smaller provider, or 'linkup' of small hire houses, its been average to poor at best.

Like most stuff, without the right kit behind it, and the knowledge to use it, the output will be blemished. Some brands attract more inexperienced users than others... thats an unfortunate byproduct of how you begin & who takes your products on. Many of the bigger brands outprice themselves from the amateur market avoiding unwanted negative users.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 9:14pm
What makes a bigger difference is the price of the beer or the quality of drugs at said 'event' LOL
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

whenever i've heard Fk1 from a decent provider (like Glade area at Glasto) or with tony himself at the helm its been superb. Majority of cases its been a smaller provider, or 'linkup' of small hire houses, its been average to poor at best.

Like most stuff, without the right kit behind it, and the knowledge to use it, the output will be blemished. Some brands attract more inexperienced users than others... thats an unfortunate byproduct of how you begin & who takes your products on. Many of the bigger brands outprice themselves from the amateur market avoiding unwanted negative users.

It's not about price. It's about process, image, training, and support. You weren't allowed to drive a VDOSC without doing the certification when it was new, for example. Meyer regularly hold training and seminars about all sorts of things, and provide tools and updates to make the work easier. Also, knowledge is shared as things are learned, and revised settings/presets/tools are shared as well.

It's all well and good having an audio 'god' at your helm, but that person can't be on every gig. Likewise if you claim your speaker is perfect from the off and all others are codswallop, people will believe you and just whack a big rig in a shit space and call the job done.

Bringing people into a 'family' and improving their skillset only increases the quality of shows all around. It's why the majority of major shows are now 'good enough' - it'd be nice if they were all great, but that's a goal to work towards and there'll always be the more dedicated and learned people who get their dues. If the best speaker had the best support network, things would be a whole lot different...

Edited by toastyghost - 24 June 2018 at 10:38pm
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 2:07am
I think this 'Good Enough' attitude is an issue. People seem to think buying funktion one is an excuse to not put effort in to making it sound good. 

I was at a show last night, each side had 2 f218s on their side, 2 res2 sitting flat on top with no splay board, not splayed properly. The comps were shooting in to peoples chest and the mids in to their face. Everywhere except right at the front there was no HF and overall the system just sounded weak, no kick and it sounded like it was high passed at 60hz. 

This system has XTA processing and MC2 amplification. 

You cant seriously tell me that these people actually dont know what they are doing is bad. They obviously just dont care, just selling the F1 brand, making money and the effort they put in to setup is 'good enough'. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>