Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5000W Build suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 10:51pm
Hi , 15 people wont need 5k, you could get a set of used active 200 watt mid/tops and a couple of cheapish subs, that would do for what you want, ime in Bristol so if you want any advice/help PM me.
Top banana
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 6:23am
The problem is, that you can count 25watts per human in 200 people rig, but you cannot count it the same for 5 people. Even those 5 people want quite loud music.
200w is really the bottom value, I agree. Depends on speakers sensotivity. Bass, at least 1200w for one strong 18".
Thebprice with amps and stuff will still go about 1000....
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 8:17am
Couple of tham15's and some 18 sound mid top enclosures, all you need for 15 people, You'd need to go for a cheaper horn and compression driver but at a real squeeze its possible for £400 but still need amps.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 10:00am
I think that he has probably missed a zero off the price somewhere as £4k is probably more like it.
Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

Originally posted by Mawby Mawby wrote:

Ahh i see i see!

erm the system it would be for abit of both but id say mainly indoors and the venue will be small ish in size and the amount of people i couldnt have a definite number but i could say from 2-15 people ish and i plan to do everything from scratch also id build the cabs myself

im sorry for the lack of info!

<font size="2" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just to get it clear; you're looking to spend less than £400 on a 5000 watt system ??
<div ="itanywhere-activator" title="Google Translator Anywhere" style="display: none;">
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 10:17am
Have you looked at the 2nd hand market? You can pick up some decent cabs quite cheaply that way and avoid all the hassle of building the things yourself. Decent ply is not cheap. Then add in cost of xovers, connectors and hardware and the thing will escalate very quickly. £400 may buy you a couple of amps. The cabs are extra.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 12:04pm
2 bass, 2 tops, 2x2channel or 4 channel amp with inbuilt DSP. That is the absolute cheapest you are doing a semi quality setup for. Go 2 tops only if you like, but it is very unlikely they would be satisfying for anything with sub 80Hz content.

Cost to you second hand, about £1k probably if you know what to look for and have patience. If you are new to the game then start sensibly small and pay your learning dues before going bigger/spending more. Good secondhand kit will always hold the majority of what you pay for it if you wait for a good deal and don't thrash it to death.
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 12:31pm
People may not agree on here but look at the Behringer I-Nuke Amps.

I've just put together a rig for one my mates using a I Nuke 12000 dsp and a 6000 dsp running four Fane Xbs on bass and 2 double 15s with 2" horn on tops

These amps are serious for the money, just buy them from Thomann so you get the three year warranty

They have a built in dsp so you save money on getting a driverack, eq ect.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 12:46pm
They'd be near the top of my list if I was starting a new rig on a minimal budget. Inbuilt DSP is a huge bonus.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by RiddimKid RiddimKid wrote:

I've just put together a rig for one my mates using a I Nuke 12000 dsp and a 6000 dsp running four Fane Xbs on bass and 2 double 15s with 2" horn on tops

These amps are serious for the money, just buy them from Thomann so you get the three year warranty

And how much did all that cost? £400 just for 1 amp. People look at Skytec/QTX crap and get the wrong idea about what a decent system will cost. Then again, for parties for a few mates etc, some cheapo cabs might be perfect. Horses for courses. Some of the Thomann cabs sound fine for what they cost.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 2:33pm
Build 2 cubo 15's and buy a single top with passive xover. 

can be done for £350. Then a half decent amp to bridge into the cubos and  another for the top.
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 2:36pm
2 x kapap 15 LF  £180
2 x ply sheets       £70
1 x full range top   £40
1 x crossover      £50
1 x qsc 1450       £100
1 x ??amp??       £50

for example and that's £490
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Originally posted by RiddimKid RiddimKid wrote:

And how much did all that cost? £400 just for 1 amp. People look at Skytec/QTX crap and get the wrong idea about what a decent system will cost. Then again, for parties for a few mates etc, some cheapo cabs might be perfect. Horses for courses. Some of the Thomann cabs sound fine for what they cost.

Yep!

The 12000dsp was actually on offer at Thomann for £450 and the 6000dsp was £340

Dont think they have those deals anymore though

I agree stay FAR from Skytec/Qtx ect

Behringer to me is the lowest level I would go on a budget lol anything under is a joke
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>