Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound Aspect Processing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound Aspect Processing
    Posted: 16 April 2017 at 12:58pm
Im picking up 6 x TA 880H next week and before i write an email to them, i just wanted to check if any of you have the recommended DSP settings for them available and could share them with me.
Datasheets only mention the x-over but no high shelving etc...

Thanks in advance and happy easter to you!
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2017 at 2:03pm
Old ones from kierewiet?
Best regards,
Teun.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2017 at 4:13pm
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf9q9h1yx7zukmn/dsp.xls?dl=0

That's the last document they posted. If you aren't using a Linea Research or Lake DSP or the MC2 amps then please pay careful attention to the 'using 3rd party amplifiers' bit as well as the notes on gain structure - I would recommend obtaining a copy of the full Aspect manual as it's actually really good.
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 1:19pm
So they dont use any EQ on the top? Hard to believe if you look at the mid driver response...
Am i missing someting?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 1:40pm
Officially no, nor does Flood/Flash or F1 on paper. But they say to EQ to suit the venue of course. Get the full aspect manual it has more info.
nks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2022 at 10:25pm
Hello

Can someone repost the TA-880H DSP settings please? The link that was posted earlier on this thread doesn't work anymore.

Thanks
Nico
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2022 at 6:26pm
Are the settings not written on the input plate like most turbo boxes?
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
nks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2022 at 8:44pm
Possibly.....I've been asked to help a friend tuning his rig sometimes this week and I wanted to get there prepared...not sure what's written on the box

I think I found what I need anyway: http://i.imgur.com/P5zEQT5

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply