Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DSP options - Sure Audio DSP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2017 at 3:49pm
Are you using the limiters at all, if so what are they like? That'd be the main reason I would buy one of these. But only if they seem to work well. 
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
carlosdelondres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2017 at 4:02pm
Haven't tried them yet, don't really know what power the amps are giving as Sure publish a slightly odd set of specs. I'd imagine they're ok though, Powersoft have some instructions on setting them up available here:
http://www.powersoft-audio.com/en/docman/654-d-cell504-and-digimod-how-to-set-rms-limiters-in-sigmastudio

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 2:16pm
Had a bit of a play with the limiters. They are a pain to set up, but seem to work fine. Peak + RMS combo works nicely as far as I can tell without much in the way of specs or instrumentation. Used on a pair of dual 5" PPSL/bandpass subs, tames excursion peaks without losing too much of the bass. Time will tell if the RMS portion of the algorithm is working setup correctly, but I'm sure if it is set right, it will work and sound pretty good.

if anyone has any advice on setup of this limiter would be great to hear it :)

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/sigmastudio/toolbox/dynamicsprocessors/peakrmscombonogain
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 8:09pm
Excellent, that is encouraging. I'll buy a board and get experimenting then :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Edd Jordan Edd Jordan wrote:

HI iv got the jam 3 is it suppose to be run in conjunction with a jam 2 to give you 2.1 then? also iv found the expantion board dosnt work with the jab3. 

i need to get in contact with sure as there jab pdf is as clear as mud. 

Had a reply back from Sure, the expansion board switch and LED do not work with the JAB3 (helpful...)

Originally posted by Edd Jordan Edd Jordan wrote:

are all the 18650s at the right indavidual voltage? also you need a 19v power adapter to charge and play at the same time correct?

Sure have confirmed the JAB3 does not charge the 18650 board. You have to parallel the board with the MPPT on a JAB2 for this to work. Mine is connected 19V laptop psu to both JAB2 and 3 power inputs, then the JAB2 MPPT 4 pin connects to the first 18650 board, then on to the 2nd, then the JAB3. This works, though for some reason it has not fully charged the cells. Waiting to hear back on this.

I've got the JAB3 programming guide, and the JAB2/3 installation guide, which contain some useful information (or some information it would have been useful to have...)

Available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cc17zf3cula78yp/AAB6y_n3DkwUoFU7tgugtXN1a?dl=0
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 6:41pm
Great thread on the sure audio dsp. I too have been playing with these for a little mini project. The dsp works great with good audio quality. I have been struggling with the icp1 programmer though. SometimesI can connect and program no problem, but most of the time it is extremely flaky to say the least. Sigma studio recognises the icp1 (usb connection turns green) when I click link compile connect all is good but as soon as I click link compile download it says communication failed. There is no rhyme nor reason to it. Once in a while it just works. I have tried everything. I have messaged sure and asked for a replacement icp1, hell I have even asked to buy another icp1 but they just keep asking me simple questions such as 'is switch 1 in position 1' its driving me crazy! Anyone got any tips? Its otherwise a good unit but these problems are putting me off. Anyone else have these problems? Thanks guys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2017 at 5:43pm
The dsp in my jab3 is definitely flakey, the one in the standalone adau1701 has been mostly ok. It seems to be a usb connection or driver issue of some sort. Also, tried a few cables and the one with the tightest fitting connectors seems to work most often. Not ideal for making on the fly changes. Ok for working out settings then writing to the eeprom...

Edit, did try 2 icp1 programmers, no noticeable difference on that front.

Edited by carlosdelondres - 18 October 2017 at 5:44pm
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2017 at 3:47pm
I dunno if it's relevant but the cheap Arduino clones usually require some "fiddling" with the reset button to get them to accept a new program, ie press it either just before, or just after, clicking "transfer" on the computer. You find this out by repeatedly trying to send the program and pressing it at different moments.
Some don't need it pressing at all (which is how the system is supposed to work) but it seems there is variability between individual boards on this. And if you have a board that needs "the fiddle", it will occasionally accept a program without after many many tries - sounds like what is happening here?
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2017 at 12:38pm
Thanks for the input guys. Interestingly the few times I have managed to get it to work have been after pressing the reset buttons on the board. Nothing seems to make it work now. I have tried another dsp so now going to get a replacement icp sent out by sure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 10:46am
I seem to have figured out the issue with connecting to the JAB3 DSP. The JAB3 has a power saving cutout if no signal is detected, which also seems to cut out the DSP, preventing if from being programmed. Put a signal through the board while trying to programme it and the usb communication seems to work OK. At least for me...now reliably able to change settings at last.
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 1:54pm
Thanks for sharing. That is helpful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 11:34am
Been waiting for something like this since I saw the solder pads for a bluetooth module on the sure In circuit programmer...nice! LIve DSP control via bluetooth app :)

http://store3.sure-electronics.com/wondom-in-circuit-programmer-with-ble-bluetooth-for-app-control

might have to pick one or two up...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>