Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DSP options - Sure Audio DSP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 10:07am
Care to elaborate on that?
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 10:46pm
Very outdated software that also require expensive hardware to be able to program the dsp board. Even Powersoft abandoned it. All DSPs are now adopted to work with Armonia.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
carlosdelondres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 9:54am
well, will see when the bits from Sure arrive - $64 for the ADAU1701 plus programmers etc. If it works, it'll be good enough for the application...
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 2:22pm
So were Powersofts programmed with SigmaStudio once upon a time?

The "expensive hardware" can just be a suitably programmed Arduino, cos all it's got to do is translate USB serial data into I2S signals and feed them to the DSP. FreeDSP used this method. Analog Devices do make a £99 programmer that is possibly a little more feature-rich but, not really necessary. And Sure seem to have managed to make a very cheap USB programmer for sale with this unit.

However, that makes me wonder if - with a VERY cleverly programmed Arduino - Armonia could be fooled into thinking this is a Powersoft module?
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2017 at 1:59pm
Well, had a bit of time to play around with the Sure ADAU1701 board and the JAB2/3 combination - the DSP works just fine, programmed with the Sure ICP1 programmer and Sigma Studio. Setting up simple crossovers for a 2 way battery bass/sub system was straighforward, and the sound quality seems perfectly acceptable. With the expansion board you get 2 x RCA in and 3x RCA out, though the 4th channel is present on the bare board.

The JAB2/3 combination is a little less satisfying - it all works fine, but if you connect via bluetooth to the JAB2 side of things it passes the signal to the JAB3 DSP, but apparently not the return path, so it will send the full range signal to the JAB2 amplifier. Not so good if it is powering your tweeters...Also a LOT of noise, background chirping, presumably from the bluetooth module. For some reason the expansion board on/off switch and leds don't do anything on the JAB3. Waiting to hear back from Sure on the issues. Sound quality on the amps is otherwise ok...

Still, for the money not bad at all I reckon...
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 12:37am
HI iv got the jam 3 is it suppose to be run in conjunction with a jam 2 to give you 2.1 then? also iv found the expantion board dosnt work with the jab3. 

i need to get in contact with sure as there jab pdf is as clear as mud. 

I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 11:24am
The JAB 3 + JAB2 combination gives 4 channels of DSP, but only if the signal is input to the JAB3, afaik. With just the JAB3 you'll get 2 channels of DSP and amp, but nothing to stop you taking the signal from the JAB2/3 link out socket and feeding it to another amp to get the other channels...their documentation is almost wilfully obtuse I agree...
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 8:43pm
thanks for that yeh i think im going to skype them i need it for portable speaker i want to ge tinto production but i just cant get this board to work. sure in the past have just been simple plug and play but this jab series has me stumped. good luck if i get any info on how to get these boards to work easly i will post it up here. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2017 at 10:14am
What is it you can't get working (other than the switch/leds on the extension board)?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2017 at 2:47pm
Just hooked up some 18650s to my JAB3/2 and unfortunately the JAB3 MPPT doesn't seem to be charging either, though it powers fine from the cells. On the JAB2 it is working fine. Odd...

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2017 at 12:19am
are all the 18650s at the right indavidual voltage? also you need a 19v power adapter to charge and play at the same time correct? my jab 3 board 1x 60 watt sounds terrible muffled and 2 of the trim pots for high cut and low cut dont work. i havnt pluged into it yet with sigma studio. iv got 3 diffrent types of board i need to sit down with all of them together and try and work out whats going on. also bough a couple of the indavidual kernal boards with the analogue break out board. as soon as i get a chance to play i will let you know if i find anything out. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2017 at 8:41am
The 18650s are charging up to 3.96 volts per cell, which is a bit low unfortunately. I'm just using an old laptop brick to charge/run from 240v.

I didn't bother with the program that was on the board when it came, just hooked up to sigma studio (with the sure ICP1 programmer) and put my own program on. That side of things works fine, although the connection to the JAB3 board is much flakier than the ADAU1701 board for some reason.

To program there are a few wrinkles not that clearly covered in the docs. Connect the ICP1 via usb and verify the connection in the harware configuration tab in Sigma Studio is showing green, hit link compile connect on Sigma Studio, then connect to the programming port on the JAB3/ADAU1701. Then hit link compile download. The board should now be running your program. To write it to the EEPROM, move the micro switch on the ICP1 to position 1 and right click the AUAU1701 box in sigma studio HW configuration tab, choose write latest compilation to EEPROM. Move switch back to position 2 and disconnect/reboot the board to run in standalone mode.

You can make changes to parameters in real time after hitting link compile download, but if you add new processing blocks you need to recompile and download the program.

Worth reading through the Sigma Studio wiki to get more of an idea of what it can do - there are some quite useful excercises in the projects section on their website as well...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>