Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

18 Sound 18LW2400 & Fane 18" Colossus Prime XS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROGER D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 6:59pm
Bob4,
My competent employees had come up with a horn design and we made 2 numbers to test them but the components just didn't sound good in the cabinets. We have a existing dual 18" G Sub design which we are using but since the past 6 months we have been doing these concerts and we always fall short on subs. A friend suggested to join this forum to ask advice from people in the industry. I am 60 years old and just continuing the business which my friend and i had started. He was the technical man but he's no more :( that's why i am here seeking advice.
Regards.

Edited by ROGER D - 21 April 2017 at 7:11pm
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 7:17pm
Roger just out of curiosity and which will help in advising you accordingly, if you do a gig for 5000 people at present , what are you using to cover that audience?

Rish
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by rish rish wrote:

Roger just out of curiosity and which will help in advising you accordingly, if you do a gig for 5000 people at present , what are you using to cover that audience?

Rish

Is that a trick question?
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 10:05pm
How about 18lw2400 in front loaded horns? Should reach easly 35hz without excursion problems in few pcs stacks.
Will also produce some extra kick for those la.

Edited by gen0me - 21 April 2017 at 10:07pm
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 10:36pm
I know enough to know I know nothing.

But how/why have you chosen drivers without knowing what you even need?

The question about what you're already using seems utterly legitimate. Seen enough threads to know unless you stump up some answers to questions the conjecture will meander and you'll end up either none the wiser or with answers that dont fit your needs.
ROGER D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROGER D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 1:52am
Rish,
The tops are 2 x 12" Low-Mid + 1 x 2"HF (MT122 Design from speaker plan.com)

JonB67,
I haven't chosen any drivers, this is what we have currently in our G Subs
Regards
ROGER D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROGER D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 2:02am
Friends,
Thank You we have decided to go ahead with reflex subs and increase the G Subs quantity with the Fane & try the super scooper design for 18 Sound.
Appreciate the advice received from all.
Regards.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 2:21am
Neither G Sub nor Superscoop designs are licensed for commercial use. Just so you're aware of that.
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 5:57am
Francis - I am a little lost to why you would think that was a trick question. Write this down "One never really knows where he is going until he knows where he coming from". I wanted to know what he has currently and either expand from there or sell that and build a system from scratch.

Roger - Building a sound for 5000 peeps would need much more than you have now. Bass reflex cabs are great to cover the low end section but you would need quite a few to cope properly. Mt121 also good for the audience you want to cover with the proper drivers but then again you need more.
The most important thing here is that make sure you set proper crossover points and time align the system once built. Too many times I have seen systems with a whole lot of cabs not time aligned and sounding crap. Building cabs is one thing, knowing how to use them is another.

Rish
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 6:16am
[QUOTE=rish] Francis - I am a little lost to why you would think that was a trick question. Write this down "One never really knows where he is going until he knows where he coming from". I wanted to know what he has currently and either expand from there or sell that and build a system from scratch.

Hey Rich i know why you asked the question, I'd ask the same , it wasn't you I was after , Roger D just seemed to be a troll to me .
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 7:20am
In that case my apologies. You the second person that brought up something suspicious with Rodger D and where's there's smoke, there's fire. So I'm out.

Rish
KWB75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KWB75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 7:44am
On page one you say that you're using line array tops that go down to 60hz...On page two your saying you use MT122?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>