Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tannoy IQ10 settings/ midrange drivers/ recones
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tannoy IQ10 settings/ midrange drivers/ recones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tannoy IQ10 settings/ midrange drivers/ recones
    Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:36pm
Hey just picked up a pair of abused Tannoy IQ10 skeletal midtops. One of the midrange drivers defo needs replacement (open circuit) or recone but not sure where to get them / who can do a recone. I have done the usual google search on Tannoy but cannot find a contact number/ email for pa spares supply. They are a fane 10" chassis with the 1.4" cd mounted coaxialy and firing through the phasebung. Also after.any info/ dsp settings as cant find anything. They seem pretty rare, anyone else using them? Thanks Nath

Edited by Natedub - 15 May 2017 at 1:37pm
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 5:41pm
Anyone got any ideas/info?
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 5:51pm
These are the ones that where for sale on Rig Resale?

The seller claimed to be able to get spare parts i think.

If not maybe someone connected FK1 can point you in the right direction.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:18pm
Try Real Electronics.

Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
jcsb36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsb36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:58pm
Roy at RMJ will be one of the only people that can get the 10 reconed. Now that tannoy have been taken over by the music group getting spare parts for old designs is getting worse. One of my customers was sold new tannoy 18" for some bins at £450 each and was sent some re-boxes fane that I could of bought of the shelf for £200 less.
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 5:12pm
Thank you for the ideas guys
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2017 at 8:34pm
Hey thanks again for the suggestions, Roy at recones.com did an excellent job of reconing the 10" great service and reasonable price, highly recommended!
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2017 at 11:20am
Just recently spotted this, and was able to find the info I was seeking...Thanks Nathan....

But, if you search for Tannoy IQ 10, this is the only post that shows. I bought mine a while ago, more recently becoming aware that parts may be obsolete, I thought I'd easily find some details, with a search, here.

I know these are fairly rare, but surely there must be a few on the forum, who have some....Isn't there? 
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 10:54am
I got 6 pcs + 1 rc/kit, isn't it the same kit as res 3, same fane just coax?
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply