Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio H350 Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:22pm
Excellent work Ian, they look very nice.
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:31pm
Re that pair on ebay...

They've obviously had a a busy life and a lot of servicing done over the years.
Interesting ATC's in them - 12 ohms like the Malcolm Hill spec, with single half-roll suspensions and big domes.
I'm not aware of any being supplied like that from the factory, but it looks like a reasonable alternative to (or replacement for) the original RCF's and provides a 4 ohm load without the autotransformer.

Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Ian--If its any help,I have some of the original Martin Audio badges for cabinets from that era--let me know--Cheers--John.
Hi John would you be willing to part with them , I need some 
regards Francis 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 11:27am
That's odd,the pair on ebay,it popped up a few bids with 20 minutes to go,and then just vanished?
Be seeing you.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

That's odd,the pair on ebay,it popped up a few bids with 20 minutes to go,and then just vanished?

Finished at £247, looks like a couple of last minute bids that were under the 2nd bidders bid from what I can see
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 3:18pm
Ok,thanks Iain,wonder why it wont show up, usually when it ends you can see the final price. Did anyone on here get them?
Be seeing you.
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 3:46pm
Ebay have just introduced yet another, er... enhancement to their pages to improve the customer experience:

When you click on a sold item, you now get taken to a random current auction. If you look carefully, at the top of the page is the line:
"The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you."

In Ebayspeak, "similar item" seems to mean either:
Something completely different and unrelated, of no interest whatsoever
Something similar, but on the other side of the world, with the postage cost being several times the item's value

But if you click on the word "listing" you will be taken to the original sold item page, from where you can click on "see original listing" to get to the page you actually wanted.

To save you all that nonsense, here's the direct link:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/martin-audio-h350-speakers-/273279335156?nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=fq1lHnBeENcrzbfnkYRkVNAgDSw%253D&orig_cvip=true

The tosspots who run ebay have long seemed to be determined to drive away as many customers as possible by making it increaingly awkward to use. Long ago, it was a nice user-friendly online car boot sale; not any more...

Edited by madboffin - 17 June 2018 at 3:46pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 3:59pm
Thanks, i just clicked the direct link,and it came up with this pile o' sh*te instead! LOL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-K-AUDIO-ELIAS-PX-EPX-112-A-pair-of-active-gig-DJ-SPEAKERS-PA-AND-STANDS-/113045488226?oid=273279335156
Be seeing you.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 6:42pm
well, looks like ive got another pair of 350's...and happy at £247. All the ones i have had in the past have been RCF loaded, but i'm looking forward to seeing what the ATC's can do. Ive got a big soft spot for ATC, having a pair of SCM40's at home.

These will be re-ferb'd and will probably serve as side fills on smaller jobs.

John - if i can join the queue for a pair of metal martin badges please...
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Thanks, i just clicked the direct link,and it came up with this pile o' sh*te instead! LOL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-K-AUDIO-ELIAS-PX-EPX-112-A-pair-of-active-gig-DJ-SPEAKERS-PA-AND-STANDS-/113045488226?oid=273279335156

That's weird, the direct link works for me. But I am using Firefox and have blocked some of the ebay scripts and 3rd party links from running.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

well, looks like ive got another pair of 350's...and happy at £247. All the ones i have had in the past have been RCF loaded, but i'm looking forward to seeing what the ATC's can do. Ive got a big soft spot for ATC, having a pair of SCM40's at home.

These will be re-ferb'd and will probably serve as side fills on smaller jobs.

John - if i can join the queue for a pair of metal martin badges please...

Well done Chris.

Weird those are fitted with Pa75-314 looking at the photos...those being the bass version,i would have thought the pa75 std with the ally dome would have been more in-keeping with the RCF original sound. Not sure about the eminence hf driver, that deffinately needs to come out.

Interesting,the horn flare is the standard martin HF2 modular series horn, with an adapter bolted on the back to mate with the Emilar...remove that,and you could bolt a 2"exit big-boy driver (2441/2445 etc) straight on, but would, of course, make the already heavy cabinet even more so. Would be very loud though!

Edited by jbl_man - 17 June 2018 at 9:59pm
Be seeing you.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 10:15pm
Yes Ian, the emmy 1"ers will be coming straight out, and fitting a larger driver is a good shout. Ill probably go with a 2-1.4" adaptor and probably a nice Neo RCF 1.4" which should play nicely from 1000Hz or so. The HF2 should support that, and if these are long coil ATC's ( which they look like) then they will appreciate the lower x point. Bi-amp will also be the way forward, so the filters, which already look meddled with will most likely come out. That will improve the phase response and the weight!

just need the time to drive to Cannock now!
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>