Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio H350 Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 9:17pm
Blimey, you dont hang around LOL
They look awesome!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 9:46pm
The arthritis in my thumbs is killing me now though Iain! I can hardly hold a cup of tea.

By the way,would you believe it....you wait ages for one set ,then another pops up on ebay!...just spotted these!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/martin-audio-h350-speakers/273279335156?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Be seeing you.
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 11:05pm

Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Thanks Iain, ok,5 hours later....quick sand-down,3 coats of paint, cleaned drivers and re-doped surrounds,re-sprayed horns, re-sprayed speaker clamps, WD40 all the bolts and t-nuts, glossed grills, new screws,and they look a lot sharper now.

They are looking great! What did you paint them with paint wise?

Edited by Pinyorouk - 15 June 2018 at 11:06pm
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 11:33pm

By the way,would you believe it....you wait ages for one set ,then another pops up on ebay!...just spotted these!

I wont be buying those LOL
Tomorrow, I crack on with the MT102s, you have inspired me with the transformation Smile
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 11:33pm
Thank you Sir. The usual Alcroft/Tuffcab black,three coats,with a roller. Gave them a light sanding,as some plonker has previously painted them with matt blackboard paint a long time ago,so that made a good undercoat.

The HF2 Horn flares were given a tin of satin black car spray. Same with the speaker clamps.

Grills....just standard black gloss metal paint.

Be seeing you.
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 1:58am
Thanks JBL, impressive!

Thank you Sir. The usual Alcroft/Tuffcab black,three coats,with a roller. Gave them a light sanding,as some plonker has previously painted them with matt blackboard paint a long time ago,so that made a good undercoat.
The HF2 Horn flares were given a tin of satin black car spray. Same with the speaker clamps.

Grills....just standard black gloss metal paint.

Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 8:04am
They look lovely Ian, all in a day too! Clap
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 9:01am
Thanks James, just an afternoon really, but this fine weather does help, paint is dry in 15 minutes.....paint one cabinet,by the time have painted the second,first one is already dry ready for another coat.

By far the most time comsuming thing is removing rusted/corroded/rounded-off screws, once they are out,it's easy. Bit like doing a 1970's car, same age really!

Edited by jbl_man - 16 June 2018 at 9:05am
Be seeing you.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 9:05am

Thanks Iain, ok,5 hours later....quick sand-down,3 coats of paint, cleaned drivers and re-doped surrounds,re-sprayed horns, re-sprayed speaker clamps, WD40 all the bolts and t-nuts, glossed grills, new screws,and they look a lot sharper now.

Thumbs Up  very nice
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 4:11pm
Ian--If its any help,I have some of the original Martin Audio badges for cabinets from that era--let me know--Cheers--John.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 6:06pm
Is there anything you haven't got John?

BTW, nice one Ian!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 6:14pm
No gear left at all now Eddie as I sold everything off after having the heart attack--I can actually get cars in my garage for the first time in about 40 years or so but I still keep finding small bits and pieces when tidying the garage and office--Cheers--John.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>