Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomann TSA 4-1300 - Reviews, Custome Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Danny A Danny A wrote:

Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

If you consider them as cheap Lab Grupp you will not be disapointed,

What do these amps have in common with LG? 
2U, can't do below 100Hz with any authority and Chinese!!!!!

Wanna know any more????LOL
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 3:53am
Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 7:51am
I had a 4-700 we put in an install against my better judgement, and it got replaced twice in a year. The one in there now has done ok, but it was enough for the client to lose faith and to put me off trusting one again...
The 4-1300 sounds like a lot of amp for the money but I need to be able to trust the kit i fit...
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Djdarch Djdarch wrote:

I've got one of the lower powered ones the tsa700 in an install , 2 channels running Bose 502a tops 2 channels running 502b bass bins . whilst it sounds quite nice its blown up twice . 
when I say blown up I mean gone with a bang , flashes of fiery lightning type stuff coming out the front when powered up .
First time fixed by thomann within 2 weeks second time I've just sent it off . the venue has lost faith in it though not surprisingly . I may have had a bad one but when I get it back its going back into service with a spare amp sat next to it. if it does it again its gone.

Just curious how you know the venue arent hammering it in the red for hours? Assume there is some strict limiting in the signal chain?
Brutus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brutus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 9:15am
i own 5 of these Tamps 4x1300, and i use them for our F2 tops, great amps.. and yes they go with a bang! :)
got 2 blow ups myself, but got replaced very fast by thomann.

if you use them, just as we do, in a full range setup, there is nothing to worry about using them.
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Brutus Brutus wrote:

i own 5 of these Tamps 4x1300, and i use them for our F2 tops, great amps.. and yes they go with a bang! :)
got 2 blow ups myself, but got replaced very fast by thomann.

if you use them, just as we do, in a full range setup, there is nothing to worry about using them.
Maybe it would help to explain why they blew, and if they took out any speakers doing so Wink.
Best regards,
Teun.
Brutus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brutus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 10:06am
Both of the blow ups were because of faulty connected cabs. if connecting speakers on a gig needs a manual: never let someone else do the job.. or simplify connecting cabs.

of one blow up you were a witness ;-) that was on a pd 1550, no harm done.
the second blow up was on a F2 top cabinet, made even a bigger bang, but gladly no harm done...

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 11:21am
So the moral of the story, nothing more demanding than full range, preferably min HPF 60hz?

As said initially, wouldn't dream of using these on sub, or even kick.

As bassenmasse mentioned, good Class AB on comps is usually preferable, but IMHO, decent sounding amp, with uber headroom, comes close to that ideal.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Brutus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brutus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 11:59am
Last big gig, i used 4x 4ohm Martin Audio F2B per T-AMP 1300, not a problem at all. (80-160hz)
they do kick, i wont let them play sub as in main stack..

Other application i use the tamp: is a 2 way dj stack, 2 channels with one or two s18 sub, 2 channels a 15/1 inch top.

Edited by Brutus - 07 June 2017 at 12:00pm
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 1:34pm
spreading the loads is the key with all such amps Lev.. they`ll happily do kick/bass 4ohm too, just not on all CH driven to clip..
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

spreading the loads is the key with all such amps Lev.. they`ll happily do kick/bass 4ohm too, just not on all CH driven to clip..

True, even if I'm a severe skeptic, due to "experiences". LOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Shelfstacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelfstacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 9:51pm
I bought one of these for monitors, at least two years ago now. It failed on the first gig, I sent it straight back to Thomann for a refund. Typical Chinese tripe. Never again, thanks.
If you are at the circus and being attacked by clowns - go for the juggler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>