Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 215

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dekra54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 215
    Posted: 01 July 2017 at 1:37pm
Hello forum,

I'm a long time reader and just have registered because I'm planning to build 4 HD215 with PD1550 which I have laying around for quite some time... .
My questions is : Is the panel in the middle really required if i "sandwich" two normal HD15 together ?
Obviously you need something to direct the soundwaves to the front but would a V where the two "Horns" start be enough ?

Greetings from Germany

Dennis :)
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2017 at 6:24pm
dennis, the braces are not there to "direct the soundwaves" but there to brace the cabinet and reduce resonances.. btw., unless you really like the bandpasshorn sound using heavy/strong cones i would personally opt for either large front loaded horns or just reflex or hybrids of both :)

for kick duty light and reasonably strong cones sound so much better in bandpasshorns imo..

dekra54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dekra54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2017 at 8:02pm
Thank you for the reply :)

I just wanted to be sure because i build 3 types of cab's (own design) but they were just to complicated to build and I was not very pleased with the sound either.

At the moment i just want to build some kicking bass cabinets and thougt the HD15 or the doubled version HD215 would be a great choice ( I will need something for the low end in the future for sure) .

I've never heard an Bandpasshorn before but from reading 100s of pages here i think they are the right cabs for heavy Techno but recommendations are always welcome if you have more vesatile suggestions :)

Greetings dennis Smile

Edit: added pictures my current version

Edited by dekra54 - 04 July 2017 at 8:13pm
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2017 at 8:30pm
the hornpath in your own designs looks a lot longer than the HD15.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
dekra54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dekra54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2017 at 8:43pm
Yes my originally plan was to go as low and braodband as possible but as i realized and learned later W-Bins sound ... kind of "strange" in the upper regions.

I just digged out the hornresp data for (which i assume LOL) this horn.

Maybe you have some suggestions what i have done "wrong" or shoudl/could change Embarrassed

xanderk1203 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xanderk1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 8:31pm
Nothing a bit of delay can't fix haha
 Post Reply Post Reply