Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powering 4x1KW subs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 4:06pm
Amicusb driver seems to be missing there
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 7:21pm
there is a folder named Driver inside the archive
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 7:24pm
it is possible that windows will not recognise the available drivers so you can install this one: http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

Ex Nexus_3
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 7:48pm
Printer driver?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/752773/Ecleree-Amic24.html?page=7
"In order to install the USB driver, you'll need "amicusb.inf" and "amicusb.sys" files from .amiclab2"
Those 2 files are not there
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 8:33pm
those are for another edition of amiclab.

There is a problem with the drivers when used on a modern pc. I suspect something about driver signing by Microsoft.

Use the second link I gave you for the Prolific driver.

I can help you trough teamviewer , tonight if you don't succeed

We are dealers in Romanian for ECLER and I've come across these problems very often after Win 7 was released and some updates from microsoft installed.

Edited by Mircea Bartic - 12 July 2017 at 8:35pm

Ex Nexus_3
Foca_Dacian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foca_Dacian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 8:53pm
   I've been reading about amplifier power delivery and it seems that you will get 1/8 of the power when the amp is not clipping, 1/3 when the amp is slightly clipping and full power when you are in clip.
   The article stated that most manufacturers build the amps with these caracteristics
If the above statements are true, then hell yea I need bigger amps to power the subs, as a matter of fact , all my amps need to be bigger in order to run free of clipping and have enough juice.

What do you guys think/know based on experience about the above written?and also how much bigger then the RMS speaker power do you suggest that I use.
I have a system controller ,pink noise generator from an X32 , so limmiting is not a problem.
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 12:24pm
I would use 2x the rms rating of the speaker, so 2000w per 1000w speaker and dont let it clip. This gives 100% headroom :) It will sound less than optimal with the same or less than rms rating of the speaker.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 1:21pm
I downloaded "FTDI drivers for old AMIC" from Ecler page and it seems to run. There is only comp/limit on each channel though.
Btw what is the remote control feature?

Foca there is no real answer for this. It depends on amp. What are the speakers? Those 2x Proline seems solid

Hmm comp/limit on -6db (1:1 lol) Does it mean clip diode lights also on -6db?

Edited by gen0me - 16 July 2017 at 1:58pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 8:31pm
the remote control is for that green connector on the back. you could connect a wall potentiometer to the amp and control the signal level from there.

please attach a saved settings file from the AMIC to see the setings, or post a print screen of it

Ex Nexus_3
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 9:52pm

Edited by gen0me - 16 July 2017 at 9:58pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 7:30am
deactivate the limmiter and see how it sounds

looks like the crossovers are not active. Are you using an external crossover?

Ex Nexus_3
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Foca_Dacian Foca_Dacian wrote:

I've been reading about amplifier power delivery and it seems that you will get 1/8 of the power when the amp is not clipping, 1/3 when the amp is slightly clipping and full power when you are in clip.
   The article stated that most manufacturers build the amps with these caracteristics
If the above statements are true, then hell yea I need bigger amps to power the subs, as a matter of fact , all my amps need to be bigger in order to run free of clipping and have enough juice.

What do you guys think/know based on experience about the above written?and also how much bigger then the RMS speaker power do you suggest that I use.
I have a system controller ,pink noise generator from an X32 , so limmiting is not a problem.

All figures are based on clipping.  It is just a matter of how severe you are clipping the amplifier. Being more self conscious on monitoring your system (Without relying heavily on processor limiting) will determine how much power you can feed your loudspeakers.

Two times the rated (Not peak) power is usually common for the average sound man. However, there are some who feed their loudspeakers four times the loudspeaker’s rated power and others who feed their loudspeakers one and a half times the loudspeaker’s rated power. There are even those that stifle their speakers with very little power for years and never lost a driver at an event.

Experience plays an enormous factor on where you stand under the given scenario. One can always tell where they stand based on how many loudspeakers they have lost within the time period they have been in this business. There are other things to take into consideration such as having enough loudspeakers for the event, in addition to how loud you want it the sound pressure level to be in order to be content.

All in all you need to have a full understanding of your sound system and how reckless you can be under the given scenarios

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 17 July 2017 at 2:29pm
Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>