FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cable management...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cable management...
    Posted: 04 August 2020 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Racks&Stacks Racks&Stacks wrote:

Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Ok cool... I'll order a few up and get them all hooked up! Cheers for the heads up. I always bolt everything up tight a ls a Jews wallet but if someone is gonna pull me up on it I'd rather have them so they can't.

err, what?

Deffo!  Not the only thing that you'll be pulled up on with that sort of language.

Ask Wiley.
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Racks&Stacks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2020 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Ok cool... I'll order a few up and get them all hooked up! Cheers for the heads up. I always bolt everything up tight a ls a Jews wallet but if someone is gonna pull me up on it I'd rather have them so they can't.

err, what?
Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2020 at 12:54am
Originally posted by James Tengo James Tengo wrote:

What you've made would be referred to as a pre rig bar, there are various arguments about the use of bonds when using nylocks on pre rig bars, the path of least resistance is to just use them anyway

You can also get internally wired bars that just the cables inside the bar, and have a multi pin connection on them. Speeds up rigs no end. Now the fashion is for truss that has lights living in it permanently, really speeds up load ins! http://www.tylertruss.com/product/gt.php

Whilst I would normally just go ^^^^^ "What he said" on the safety bond side, there is no debat, any single point fixing requires a by-pass, yep, a Par64 6 Bar with "Aero-Stiff" (makes nylok look girlie) still need a bods capable of full arrest (IE Mass off thingy x potential drop x 9.81M/S x 6 to give UK 6:1 factor) so 2-3mm wire rope works in most situations, if you crimp it and get potential drop to 30mm you would be SHOCKED by the mass that can un-pin.

@ OP just spray the box matt black and add a few tie wraps!!
Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
tony26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 2:32pm
Hello, 
Actually I have question what should I do if my TV stand fully covered with cable wire & I didn't see the screen just see wire every where. I'm totally frustrated with the open wires.Cry 
Any http://tokye.comhhg/cable-management-kit-and-electric-cord-organizer-black-edition/ - best cable management kit suggestion for me? 

Edited by tony26 - 04 August 2020 at 3:01pm
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 3:10pm
Yes, P2067 of current catalogue, £2.07 each, and Red, Black, Grey, White and Green. IP56, ABS.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 3:06pm
Red, Black, grey, white - IIRC maybe a bottle green too?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 2:35pm
They come in black???

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 11:23am
I like those CPC boxes, under £2 for a IP65 box. Doddle to Steratt or punch holes for stuffing glands or connectors, and loads of colours to suit application.

I have some 1 in 4 out speakon boxes for 100V horns on stands, with chassis mount NL4 sockets. I tend to just cable tie them on as required.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 12:57am
Did think about a socket on the back.. like a 13A switched one. Iv internally cable tied it all so it has good stress relief but didn't want to the to the bar as they will always have all 4 cables used.

..maybe Velcro straps....

Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 11:12pm
I had a load of those I made for myself some years ago. As they were permanently bolted to the bars , I also added a 16A appliance inlet to the back of the plastic box for power in and cable tied the output leads to the bar to stop them dangling down.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 11:13pm
Ok cool... it is a growing trend of prewired bars but this is my cheap solution that is DIY

Edited by mini-mad - 15 July 2017 at 11:15pm
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 10:37pm
What you've made would be referred to as a pre rig bar, there are various arguments about the use of bonds when using nylocks on pre rig bars, the path of least resistance is to just use them anyway

You can also get internally wired bars that just the cables inside the bar, and have a multi pin connection on them. Speeds up rigs no end. Now the fashion is for truss that has lights living in it permanently, really speeds up load ins! http://www.tylertruss.com/product/gt.php
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>