Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cable management...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cable management...
    Posted: 15 July 2017 at 3:24am
Ok so it's for lighting... but still... I've hired these out a fair few times and always do the rigging and deriggig myself.

And it's starting to be time consuming.. so my idea was a box that was a single c14 socket in with 4 c13 plug outs.

Simple.

The DMX cable is just looped around the box to stay tidy. The heads are on a slave master system running sound to light. The top of the t-bar gets changed from derby's to lasers and also LED UV panels. Now I can change the top half at home in my own time and just tun up... stick the t-bar on the stand and plug in a really long "kettle lead"

Job done.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 6:23am
No safety bond cables??
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 6:52am
I'll get a couple of them and get them hooked up ASAP.

...or you mean Earth bond for the t-bar?

Edited by mini-mad - 15 July 2017 at 6:59am
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 3:08pm
Just the safety drop-wire that H&S people have asked me about in the past, my stuff is all safely clamped but they still require a safety drop-wire 'just in case'.
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 5:46pm
Ok cool... I'll order a few up and get them all hooked up! Cheers for the heads up. I always bolt everything up tight a ls a Jews wallet but if someone is gonna pull me up on it I'd rather have them so they can't.

James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 10:37pm
What you've made would be referred to as a pre rig bar, there are various arguments about the use of bonds when using nylocks on pre rig bars, the path of least resistance is to just use them anyway

You can also get internally wired bars that just the cables inside the bar, and have a multi pin connection on them. Speeds up rigs no end. Now the fashion is for truss that has lights living in it permanently, really speeds up load ins! http://www.tylertruss.com/product/gt.php
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 11:13pm
Ok cool... it is a growing trend of prewired bars but this is my cheap solution that is DIY

Edited by mini-mad - 15 July 2017 at 11:15pm
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 11:12pm
I had a load of those I made for myself some years ago. As they were permanently bolted to the bars , I also added a 16A appliance inlet to the back of the plastic box for power in and cable tied the output leads to the bar to stop them dangling down.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 12:57am
Did think about a socket on the back.. like a 13A switched one. Iv internally cable tied it all so it has good stress relief but didn't want to the to the bar as they will always have all 4 cables used.

..maybe Velcro straps....

MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 11:23am
I like those CPC boxes, under £2 for a IP65 box. Doddle to Steratt or punch holes for stuffing glands or connectors, and loads of colours to suit application.

I have some 1 in 4 out speakon boxes for 100V horns on stands, with chassis mount NL4 sockets. I tend to just cable tie them on as required.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 2:35pm
They come in black???

MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 3:06pm
Red, Black, grey, white - IIRC maybe a bottle green too?
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>