Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outline Butterfly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outline Butterfly
    Posted: 12 August 2017 at 9:28pm
Hi All,

Anyone had any experience with the Outline Butterfly system? There seems to be very little said about it online, what are people's opinions of it?
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2017 at 6:25pm
its good stuff from what iv heard of it . 
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 5:59am
It rocks! The newer generation of matching subs are better than the old.

There will be some bargains of it around. Between £700 - £1000 a box on the CDH at the moment I believe. Generally comes cased in 3 or 4 high packs.

Rigging is pretty sleek and easy to use.

Sound wise it is right up there with the best IMHO. Just be aware if you are buying in to that size a system. It's not got L'Acoustics or D&B wrote on the front.

Jace
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
geoSal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoSal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 3:32pm
Used it a couple of times last year both butterfly and mantas systems.
Nice modern systems high spl and with very good coverage.I've heard butterfly with outline and lake processors, I found that the lake dsp performed better in terms of limiting when pushed hard.Subs where punchy and well balanced , very musical and not dull.Started mixing with no eq in mains and used very little during the show.
In fact I would prefer a butterfly system instead of a DV-dosc perhaps because I've used DV so many times and I would like sth new if number of boxes was not an issue.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 4:03pm
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Hemisphere Hemisphere wrote:

Just make sure to use these stage wedges for best results:

LOL  Wut
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 5:59pm
Edit: just to be clear, don't use those stage wedges lol

Edited by Hemisphere - 15 August 2017 at 6:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply