Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

compact 1851 powered sub.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: compact 1851 powered sub.
    Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:06pm
we have a hogscoo, es18, flood light rig. but its a little hardcore to stick in some pubs, the owners oftern get scared when they see you wheeling in big hog scoops.

so for pubs we were thinking of using monitors on stands for top and building some subs or maybe just one.

we have a mk1 pd1851 which even by its self would give some serious bass if we drive it with a load of power. what cabinet design would people go for , just reflex ? or something else compact that would play well under 15" powered monitors 

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:08pm
why not just take the es18 out
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:10pm
they only really work in groups of 4 and there more of a kick bin, plus we have an 1851 doing nothing, 

mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 4:21pm
im thinking maybe an extended cubo 18

nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 4:31pm
Its a pub system. Reflex all the way, keep the noise inside the building and effortless sub 40hz
It's everything, not everythink!
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 5:40pm
6th order bandpass cab (x1)?

more efficient within passband and more suitable to pd1851 than a reflex..
if your monitors are rather fullrange tuned/allow for low xover that combo should work well in small venues.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by mashgwan mashgwan wrote:

Absolute waste of the driver.
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by mashgwan mashgwan wrote:

Absolute waste of the driver.

cool, was asking for idea's, what do you reckon, reflex ? bandpass?

Edited by mashgwan - 11 October 2017 at 6:38pm
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 6:59pm
Quote Absolute waste of the driver
I'm interested to hear why?

Edited by mobiele eenheid - 11 October 2017 at 7:00pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 7:46pm
@ Mobiele: Missing 10hz and T18 like outside in the car park bass and the need to be run hard to get results. Yeah they are loud, work good in multiples but indoors on its own. na.

Band pass an idea but why, to gain a few db and narrow the band? Two 15's on sticks is what the man said, that PD in a 200l reflex will do all needed 35 to 100 and lap up a k of power or more. If you are trying to get another few db then the bandpass wont sacrifice the lower end. Remember though, cab might have to be run at low volume in small venue, so a reflex and a bit of eq to make up some cone movement (so to speak) would be my way. Boring, but for the situation perfect.
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 8:20pm
Yes, because 25 Hz is all the craze these days. I've run singles most of my life, never complaint. You hear about bass that stops at the doors, you let me know!?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by mobiele eenheid mobiele eenheid wrote:

Yes, because 25 Hz is all the craze these days. I've run singles most of my life, never complaint. You hear about bass that stops at the doors, you let me know!?

Its the big, "throw" debate. I've built Cubos, they, "throw". Reading the original post thats not what the remit was.

Plenty here about cubo, tham, and a ton other not going below 45 in singles. Yours obviously do, well done!Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>