Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kick/Bass Bin-cabinet for 90-360hz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2017 at 9:27pm
For almost everything is a solution. But with that new solution there are new problems LOL
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 1:14pm
From what i gather FIR is used by various filters. Which one are we talking about here?. I know RePhase uses FIR and that requires REW loop back time alignment to be in place to work. Are you saying that rephase then messes with the alignment? 
KMB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 6:41pm
would this BR030 bin be good?
it plays from 20-500 hz so for my bass bin 90-360 would play good no?

This bin also exists in 15" version, same frequency range.
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor br030 subwoofer
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 8:54pm
Just because a spec sheet says 20-500Hz doesn't mean it can do 20-500Hz.

I mean obviously it can't do 20Hz (Elliot Thompson may disagree), and since they're happy to claim it can we could hazard a guess it won't really be able to do 500Hz either.

It will play to 360Hz of course, and it might even sound good that high, but as a rule of thumb you don't want to be playing an 18" up there if you can avoid it. 15 would be more appropriate.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
KMB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 8:51pm
Anther question:
If I glue and screw my scoop together at 2-3pm, would it be ok to load the scoop with the driver around 8-9pm and play it out loud?
So with other words, how long should I wait untill the woodconstruction is good (dry)?

Thanks!
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 9:47pm
depends on the glue and if its rebated with tight joints it can slow curing. best leaving it 24hours in most cases really.
mauisurf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mauisurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 10:49am
Efinque... HALP! I started a thread and your are required for all the ansewrs supposedley. Cry
KMB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 7:10am
Hi guys,

Thanks for helping

Can you tell me which type of screws i need to mount my 18" woofer into my mogale superscooper?

Thanks!
parabox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parabox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 8:51am
So I have been talking to some cats on the east coast of the us about some very impressive planer kicks that to be honest are just plain hot I personally dropped some coin for plans and I'm very excited to. Throw em together
Futur3boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futur3boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 2:26pm
Hi,
Any idea where can I get rb212's made these days?
Also can you tell me the drivers they take?
Looking to cover 90 to about 250ish and seems like this is a good option.
Also do you know the dimensions of the box?

Thanks for any info. I got in touch with southwest cnc, but their site is down and I got no response via facebook.
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 2:55pm
Jon from SouthwestCNC has the only license to build them AFAIK :)

I’ll drop him a message see what’s up

Edited by RoadRunnersDust - 24 October 2018 at 2:56pm
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 3:00pm
For 90-250 you could also use the old Turbosound TSE cabinets (Scream Audio Builds on FB have plans for a couple of bins that should also cover 90-250 reasonably well)

Other than that, the guys from the “high order quarterwave society (diy bass a-z)” FB page have something called a SuperPlanar design that would do it.

Edited by RoadRunnersDust - 24 October 2018 at 3:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>