Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FREE formula for my speaker paint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2015 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Battered Battered wrote:

Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Originally posted by supremesoundz supremesoundz wrote:

we definitely need a video of this..
Go on Mykey, could be the start of your acting career.. Make sure you have a glamourous assistant! someone like that bird in countdownThumbs Up

he means carol not the young tart....

Why would you want Carol?
I'd rather have the young tart with the big tits, than the old bag with the big brain!!

...another one to add to the list of opinions who no longer count as they have bad taste in women!

bigger boobs?.... are you watching the rite programme?

Edited by mini-mad - 12 September 2015 at 10:38pm
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2015 at 10:48pm

Go on Mykey, could be the start of your acting career.. Make sure you have a glamourous assistant! someone like that bird in countdownThumbs Up

I'd rather have the young tart with the big tits, than the old bag with the big brain!!
Gentlemen, you are compromising, and not thinking grand enough.

THREESOME!
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2015 at 11:05pm
..are you suggesting one irons my shirt while the other one makes me a sandwich???

...i like your thinking!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Battered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Battered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2015 at 12:13am
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

Gentlemen, you are compromising, and not thinking grand enough.

THREESOME!

Matt Stolton has just won the internet!!

Damn. Why didn't I think of that...........LOL
Touching cloth at 200 mph
Battered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Battered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2015 at 12:19am

...another one to add to the list of opinions who no longer count as they have bad taste in women!

bigger boobs?.... are you watching the rite programme?

Dunno, I don't watch Countdown. But when that young bird from Countdown was on Top Gear(the tv show, not a drug dealer's), she had a really tight top on that showed off her ample bosom. Carol can not compete with her on that level. The bit where she's stood next to the leader board bending over will show you exactly what I mean. If you can find the Top Gear episode with her in it, she's in that one Wink
Touching cloth at 200 mph
Gonzo-4-bidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 9:59pm
Definitely gonna give this a go, does resin go out of date? Got two cans in the garage to practice with
WANTED usb drivers, avc2
Badger74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badger74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 10:55am
We are using a dark grey GRP resin for roofing atm and have painted 2 cabs.

It's easily available from roofing/builders yards, online etc, combined with 450g matting it makes a bomb proof speaker coating.  Cost is cheaper the more you buy ofc, as for actual cost i have no idea really as this was a left over from a job.

Other colours are available including black.

Tuffstuff on ebay sell tins of 5litre for about £42 which will do about 4 18" single bass cabs with 2 coats
however i've never used their stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRP-Fibreglass-Roofing-Top-Coat-Dark-Grey-5Kg-Drum-/171076321425?hash=item27d4f18091:g:40oAAOxy~TdR5TY0

Cheers

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 3:24pm
if only is not that smelly
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Badger74 Badger74 wrote:

We are using a dark grey GRP resin for roofing atm and have painted 2 cabs.

It's easily available from roofing/builders yards, online etc, combined with 450g matting it makes a bomb proof speaker coating.  Cost is cheaper the more you buy ofc, as for actual cost i have no idea really as this was a left over from a job.

Other colours are available including black.

Tuffstuff on ebay sell tins of 5litre for about £42 which will do about 4 18" single bass cabs with 2 coats

however i've never used their stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRP-Fibreglass-Roofing-Top-Coat-Dark-Grey-5Kg-Drum-/171076321425?hash=item27d4f18091:g:40oAAOxy~TdR5TY0

Cheers

Any pictures mate?
Centauri View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 1:12pm
To resurrect this thread, has anyone here used this formula yet?  I have done a few boxes so far, and while the hardness & texture are good, I find it scuffs very easily.  After one outing the boxes look very second hand .. :(
Comment Mykey ?
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 9:28pm
I've done the same and found exactly the same! (I did the paint on someone elses cabinets for them after they asked to try it) It's rock hard and only needed one thin coat then another thick one to leave a really good finish. However it scuffs grey very quickly! 
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:51am
What's that Matting used for the GRP?
I'm considering doing some test soon with this cheap solutin, perhaps the homemade & this:
http://www.protectakote.co.uk/protectakote-wb.html
Which seems nice as it is Water Based (they also have the chemical stuff:-)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>