Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freq vs xmax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartje2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freq vs xmax
    Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:12pm
Hi there, ive been searching all over this forum and google but cant find either a solid xmax plot or a answer on my question.

I have 2x hd215's so a stack of 4 you could say. They are loaded with the Kappa 15LF - 8 ohm.
I give them 2500 watt @ 2 ohm. Normally i cross them @ 52hz till 128hz - 48db L/R.

Ive been reading that Dom used to set the crossover @ 40hz without problems.
But does this count for the xmax with the kappa 15lf too? or am i too paranoid?
i would like to set the crossover point @ 40 for just some extra more sub with dubstep and hiphop.
also notice that they will be given fair enough power so it might be dangerous to drop that low?

and when going as low as 40hz can they still handle till 160hz?

not much info on maximum crossoverpoints... and i dont mean what sounds good i mean what is safe before you are risking damage.

cheers, bart.

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by bartje2012 bartje2012 wrote:

i would like to set the crossover point @ 40 for just some extra more sub with dubstep and hiphop.
also notice that they will be given fair enough power so it might be dangerous to drop that low?

Are you sure you have the right cabs for use on sub, with dubstep and hip hop?
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
bartje2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartje2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:07pm
not till i have 4x X1 build to accompany those hd15's, no.
however, i dont mean this harsh,  i just want to know what the kappa can take not what sounds better of could be different or any other suggestion, just a pure scientific answer please :)

Post Reply Post Reply